Civil War Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Cwalker935

Cwalker935

I reconnected with an old college buddy who is really into hunting civil war relics. I made this label casting of Robert E. Lee for him. I have made several of these but not for some time. Thought I would share this one for some of our new members.

EB360BA6-42AD-4608-AF70-7345E5A20C5B.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bsshog40

That's very nice Cody! I would love to try some label casting one day! It looks like there's soo much you can do, design wise, with them.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
That's very nice Cody! I would love to try some label casting one day! It looks like there's soo much you can do, design wise, with them.

Cody has a tutorial in our library on how to size & print photos & labels for tube casting. It's well worth the read.

Cwalker935

Recently I have been having issues with bleed through and end separation on label casts, I think something might have changed with the label paper. I tried precoating with CA. I also tried precoating with the PR itself and still had issues. I have started precoating with Elmer's washable clear glue and casting the labels in PR and that seems to be working.

FrankH

Cody, thanks for a great idea. And Edgar, thanks for pointing me to another fine tutorial.

I made a pair of Civil War pens with the US and Confederate Kalenshank blanks for my physician. He is such a Civil War buff, that he picked the Med School for his residency that was near several Civil war battle sites.

Top Bottom