Citizen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from KenB259

KenB259

1AE09197-B17D-4312-9A57-E7A08DF6A39A.jpeg
7D7DB5DE-EC8D-4948-8EEB-2535ACDEB8AA.jpeg
0769859B-25FC-4BB7-9AAE-308217A7299B.jpeg
Citizen pen, 1st one of these for me. Violet and gold double dyed stabilized maple with just a touch of spalting. I did the stabilizing myself. Comments and critiques always welcome.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Larryreitz

Well now, you just keep hitting home runs. At first look I thought this was a resin/wood hybrid. Double dyed and stabilized makes it even more interesting. Thanks for showing.

KMCloonan

Very Nice Ken! I have never considered dying/stabilizing maple (I have dyed/stabilized maple burl), but your results are excellent and I will reconsider. I assume you started with purple first - can I ask about how long you let it soak in the dye before baking it? I'm guessing maple is slow to absorb the resin...

I really like the Citizen kit too. Thanks for sharing.

KenB259

Very Nice Ken! I have never considered dying/stabilizing maple (I have dyed/stabilized maple burl), but your results are excellent and I will reconsider. I assume you started with purple first - can I ask about how long you let it soak in the dye before baking it? I'm guessing maple is slow to absorb the resin...

I really like the Citizen kit too. Thanks for sharing.
Actually I have had pretty food luck with maple. I let it soak one end for about 90 minutes, in violet, baked it then stabilized it in gold died cactus juice. I wasn't sure about the color combo, but I'm very pleased with how it turned out.

Top Bottom