circuit board problem

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

zombie7986

i purchased a circuit board kit from woodcraft a while back and am finally getting the time to make it. ive kept it in a tupper ware container in the bag it came with. right now the blank is sticky to the touch. is it ok to turn or do i need to do anything first.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TBCbushings

My pen was the same way. It turns great!

Attachments

• DSC02487.jpg
    DSC02487.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 165

zombie7986

good thank you very much.

also when i look at the circuit board there is a piece that stands up a little high. if it does come through is there anything different i need to do?

ldb2000

The sticky surface of those blanks is just the nature of the resin used . It's sticky so that if another layer of resin was poured over that one it would bond better to the previous pour . As you turn the outer layer off you will see that it is fine .
No secret to those blanks . It has been explained here several times . The circuit board is sanded very thin and wraped and glued around a tube then cast in resin .

Lenny

Be aware that there is a cap end and a nib end. The part with the widest gold band contains the largest diameter of the circuitry (the little bumps on that gold band) but it is easier if you use that as the cap end. Less chance you will hit the actual circuit board.

ROOKIETURNER

Sticky is normal. I pull mine out of the bag 24 hours before turning and put on a board that I drove 20 or so nails up through. Makes a great place to hold the pens that you are working on. After 24 hours the stickiness is pretty much gone. Then it's a fun ride on the resin express. Turn slow and make sure you do not put too much cut into your passes. BLOW OUT!!!!

Top Bottom