Circuit Board Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sawzall

I am thinking about trying to make my own computer circuit board blanks. Could someone tell me what type of circuit boards are used. Are they some type of ribbon cable type of material say from an older printer? I know you can buy these blanks on a number of sites but I thought it would be a fun challenge to make some myself.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
looking at the boards the chips are all the componments are all the same I would guess they are made specifically for the pen and not a real board, ie molded round.

glycerine

Some of the mass produces ones may have special boards, but I believe people who make their own are heating them and bending the around something to make them cylindrical.

bruce119

Some of the mass produces ones may have special boards, but I believe people who make their own are heating them and bending the around something to make them cylindrical.

WRONG WONT WORK. Just be careful when I did it it took a very long time to work out a process that was somewhat reliable about 50%. Even then very time consuming and very dangerous. Sanding down boards is VERY hazardous be sure to protect yourself. I used a couple different sanders and about a box of gloves and it took a full week to do a batch with just over 50% success rate. I still have an idea to do more and am working on a process. But ran into a bit of a roadblock and ran out of money.

Good Luck

Top Bottom