Circuit board label - tube constrained?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Darios

Does anyone know how much play is available with the circuit board sticky label? Specifically I've a request for a circuit board fountain pen and was wondering if the label can be applied to a larger diameter brass tube.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rob_Mc

If you are referring to the circuit board sold by Exotic Blanks, the "roll your own", then you're out of luck. That is made to just fit the Sierra tubes with no overlap. They do sell ready made circuit board blanks for the 10mm Cigar pens. You might be able to fit one on to a Classic Elite fountain pen as they use the 10mm tubes as well. Look into it and see if it will work.

Last edited:

calabrese55

make your own.....here is how I would try it with the circuit board image , have done it similar with cut vinyl image
Start with an image like the one here obtained from the hundreds of photo sources on line . This one came from istock photo
get some water slide decale paper like this stuff here https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077TMFVL9?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Resize the photo as you desire in any of the simple on line or microsoft photo image personally I like free download Faststone https://www.faststone.org
Spiff up the image with Faststone color , size etc. If you do not have a high quality inkjet then take your waterslide paper to Staples and let them print it for you.
Add the decale you printed to your pen tube and cast it in resin, I like Aluminite and you have it.
I have not done this with the water slide decales yet but I have done it with cut vinyl transfer the picture here is a police pen made with the cut vinyl method. The water slide decal would be no different and actually better as you can have unlimited colors from a printer.
There are youtube vids on using waterslide decales for pen tubes.

There are youtube vids on using waterslide decales for pen tubes.
calabrese55

Attachments

• circuit board image 1.jpg
    circuit board image 1.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 52
  • circuit board image.jpg
    circuit board image.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_2023-06-09-17-19-28-233.jpg
    IMG_2023-06-09-17-19-28-233.jpg
    349 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_2023-06-09-13-50-18-451.jpg
    IMG_2023-06-09-13-50-18-451.jpg
    444 KB · Views: 47

curlyjoe1971

If you are referring to the circuit board sold by Exotic Blanks, the "roll your own", then you're out of luck. That is made to just fit the Sierra tubes with no overlap. They do sell ready made circuit board blanks for the 10mm Cigar pens. You might be able to fit one on to a Classic Elite fountain pen as they use the 10mm tubes as well. Look into it and see if it will work.
You can use multiple sheets to use on any size tube, easy to cut with a knife or scissors

Top Bottom