Circuit Board Blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Madman1978

I am looking for a source for Flexible Circuit Board for my own blanks. Does anyone have a source?
I want to make some blanks other than Sierra and Cigar.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JohnU

With the huge number of casters out there, if there were a source for "flexible" circuit boards, everyone would already me making them. Lol.
the original circuit board blanks were made by sanding down regular boards to a thin state and heat bending them. The sanding process is very harmful to your health so the next generation of blanks were purpose build stickers with parts and not real boards. To date there are a few who just photograph them and label cast a picture. Others like myself use real parts and build them around the tube. I make Jr gent sets. I will say it's a lengthy process. Your best be if your serious about it is to look at how a circuit board is build and try to imitate it around a tube using materials that work with the casting. It s trial and error process but with a little work and time I'm sure you will find a process that works for you. The hard part is keeping those little parts below the bushings.

Gary Beasley

The one and only circuit board blank I ever turned looked to be done on paper with a foil stamping embossing press. Getting something like this made at a print shop with the letterpress equipment to do this will not be cheap, as the embossing requires a special die and each color of foil laid down to make the image has to have a die for it. Some of the colors can be offset printed before the embossing to save cost.

jttheclockman

I am looking for a source for Flexible Circuit Board for my own blanks. Does anyone have a source?
I want to make some blanks other than Sierra and Cigar.
https://www.exoticblanks.com/computer-circuit-board-pen-blank-kit-sierra-green-kit.html

https://www.arizonasilhouette.com/product/BHW600.html

https://www.bereahardwoods.com/pen-kit/sets/cb-sheet-kit.html

JohnU

I don't think these newer sticker kits were made for anything else except Sierra tubes, so they probably won't be much help depending on what kits your looking to make blanks for.

Last edited:

Madman1978

How would this look in a pen?

Attachments

• il_794xN.3051974970_e747.jpg
    il_794xN.3051974970_e747.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 125

jttheclockman

I don't think these newer sticker kits were made for anything else except Sierra tubes, so they probably won't be much help depending on what kits your looking to make blanks for.
Think outside the box is why I posted this. Come on people use some thought. Add some stripes or some trim rings or some aluminum or the many many many different materials available. Add some copper wire as trim rings. Add some copper braiding. Make it work if you truely want to do something different. The sky is the limit. Boy what limited minds here. :)

Madman1978

Think outside the box is why I posted this. Come on people use some thought. Add some stripes or some trim rings or some aluminum or the many many many different materials available. Add some copper wire as trim rings. Add some copper braiding. Make it work if you truely want to do something different. The sky is the limit. Boy what limited minds here. :)
All of those are exactly the same. The resistors and nodes and the print are all the same lol. No worries I did find a seller. I can get custom sizes but I need to get a better price from him.

However, I do see what you are saying and I have ideas flowing.

Top Bottom