Circuit Board Blanks...What Pen Kit?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

LK&T

Both my brothers-in-law are computer science guys, so I got a couple of circuit board blanks to make Christmas presents for them. All the pen kits I've ordered are slimline style kits. Looking at the blanks, I don't think a slimline kit will show them off well. I'm thinking a single tube kit would look better. I realize I'm asking a question about aesthetics and there'll be a million different answers, but what do you folks recommend for a pen kit to build these blanks?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Well which circuit board blanks did you buy ?

They are usually made to fit a specific pen kit. . I have bought circuit board blanks to fit a Cigar pen kit ( kit from Berea, or PSI's Big Ben kit ).

You then have to use the blanks on the kit they are intended for.

Definitely a slimline would not be suitable .... I have never seen circuit board blanks made for use on a slimline pen kit.

If you bought circuit board blanks for a kit which has only one barrel (the Cigar pen has 2 barrels), then most likely the appropriate kit would be a Sierra twist pen kit, or else a 30 Caliber Bolt Action pen kit.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
There are circuit board "do it yourself casting" blanks, but they are also made for one size tube.
Show a pic of what you have and we can be of more assistance

LK&T

Here's a pic of the blanks. They came from Craft Supplies. Tubes are 7mm o.d. and they're 5" long, so they're sized for a pen kit with 7mm tubes.

blanks.JPG

LK&T

Well which circuit board blanks did you buy ?

They are usually made to fit a specific pen kit. . I have bought circuit board blanks to fit a Cigar pen kit ( kit from Berea, or PSI's Big Ben kit ).

You then have to use the blanks on the kit they are intended for.

Definitely a slimline would not be suitable .... I have never seen circuit board blanks made for use on a slimline pen kit.

If you bought circuit board blanks for a kit which has only one barrel (the Cigar pen has 2 barrels), then most likely the appropriate kit would be a Sierra twist pen kit, or else a 30 Caliber Bolt Action pen kit.
Pic added!

Top Bottom