Cinnamon smells good

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dalecamino

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Especially on a pen. I was fortunate to win a box of blanks from Phil Weiss (PKweiss) in the Losers Train drawing. This was one of the blanks he cast. Cinnamon sticks! :wink: They really made the shed smell better:biggrin:

We have here a Satin Copper Cigar from Beartoothwoods. I went ahead and put some CA around it, and polished it up some.

Thanks Phill! And watch for a couple more. Thanks all for looking!

Attachments

• IMG_20180406_124718601.jpg
    IMG_20180406_124718601.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 304
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

greenacres2

I've got a few of Phil's cinnamon sticks in the shop--don't know if I can give them the justice that you did, very nice pen!!
earl

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I've got a few of Phil's cinnamon sticks in the shop--don't know if I can give them the justice that you did, very nice pen!!
earl

Thanks Earl! Give one a try. I got some bronze model paint for the inside of the tube. Other than that, just turn as normal. Light cuts. :wink:

greenacres2

earl

Thanks Earl! Give one a try. I got some bronze model paint for the inside of the tube. Other than that, just turn as normal. Light cuts. :wink:

Well--long after I should have been in bed last night, I tubed a cinnamon blank for a Caballero...just so the epoxy would be dry for a morning turn. What a great way to start a Saturday morning, but stopped twice to make some cinnamon toast!! Finish is drying now--should be able to assemble later today. Thanks for the inspiration!!
earl

leehljp

Member Liaison
I know you used a cinnamon stick, but I wonder if cinnamon powder would work in the coloring, and if so would it have a cinnamon smell? Would cinnamon powder even mix with resin/alumilite? In thinking about it, cinnamon powder would probably mix, but my other experiences are that "natural" brown powders darken to a very dark when wet in one form or another and tend to stay that way when captured or encapsulated in a liquid form.

Does it have a distinct smell or is it very light on the smell?

That makes me wonder if there are fragrances that are compatible with resins. That would certainly be another good selling point. This may have been discussed in the past, and if so, I just missed it.

Last edited:

greenacres2

Smells exactly like cinnamon Lee. I was turning in the basement, so the furnace spread the aroma through the whole house (still cold here, snow a few days this week!!) My wife thought it was a great way to wake up!!

I'd imaging that the powder would darken as you suspect, but in a light colored resin a little sprinkled through might look pretty cool. I'd think the Alumite would be thick enough keep it suspended (unlike French Toast dip where it floats) The one I turned this morning was about the color of French Toast dip--which simply added to the hunger pangs I was getting from the aroma. Need a garlic bread blank to turn before dinner!!
earl

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Smells exactly like cinnamon Lee. I was turning in the basement, so the furnace spread the aroma through the whole house (still cold here, snow a few days this week!!) My wife thought it was a great way to wake up!!

I'd imaging that the powder would darken as you suspect, but in a light colored resin a little sprinkled through might look pretty cool. I'd think the Alumite would be thick enough keep it suspended (unlike French Toast dip where it floats) The one I turned this morning was about the color of French Toast dip--which simply added to the hunger pangs I was getting from the aroma. Need a garlic bread blank to turn before dinner!!
earl

French toast is not in my diet. But I want some anyway,RIGHT NOW :redface:

Top Bottom