Cigar pen.made with(elderberry) one of corians new colors!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from corian king

corian king

Hello! This is a black and chrome cigar pen made with (elderberry)
This is one of corians brand new colors.The pictures really do not do it justice.The second pic is of 4 blanks and two slimlines done in the same material.Thanks for looking!
JIM

Attachments

• elderberrybkchrome.jpg
    elderberrybkchrome.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 437
  • elderberry blanks1.jpg
    elderberry blanks1.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 856
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skye

Very cool looking Corian. Looks like you really overturned it on the top half near the centerband on the cigar. Also, are you using micromesh?

corian king

Hello Rob! The only 2x2's I have seen are the store samples you probably won't see them available for awhile.Unless you find someone that has some and would be willing to cut you somw 2x2's.What little I received I have already cut into pen blanks as you see in the second pic.
JIM

corian king

Hello Harry! These will not be included in our 300 set.These are sold in our speciality line only.
Thanks!
JIM

Last edited:

witz1976

:confused: Not to be rude but how new is this stuff?? The only reason why I ask is I turned this exact sometime between July - August 2009. See the attached pic, Don't worry about critiquing as I was still a newbie to turning. But I don't think this is a *new* color.

Attachments

• DSCN1183.JPG
    DSCN1183.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 133

corian king

Hello Dan! I don't worry about you being rude because I deal with this stuff everyday.If it has been on the market less then one year it is still considered new by dupont.So you see this may have been on the market for 6 months.But it is still considered one of their NEW colors.
JIM

witz1976

Hello Dan! I don't worry about you being rude because I deal with this stuff everyday.If it has been on the market less then one year it is still considered new by dupont.So you see this may have been on the market for 6 months.But it is still considered one of their NEW colors.
JIM

Ahh gotcha. I get my corian from a wholesale distributor they let me have their scraps.

Jim,
Was that cigar made from 1/2" stock? Or do you have access to thicker stuff?

The cigar is made by gluing 2 1/2" thick sheets together to make a 1" thick sheet. If you use enough clamping force you will not see the glue line.

corian king

Hello Greg! I cut a couple strips 7/8" wide and glued them together using the corian adhesive that is colored for that material.
JIM

Last edited:
Gotcha. I didn't see a line, and I've been looking for some of the thicker corian in the more vibrant colors (as well as white and black), so I thought I ask.

Thanks

corian king

Greg! You won't find a lot of the thicker corian because you can only get it by special order and it is out of this world.Price wise. I was told by two different reps that they might stop making the 3/4 completly because there is very little call for it.
JIM

Skye

Well the good thing is you can normally glue up the half inch stuff and the seam is rarely visable. With this new look though, it may be tougher.

Top Bottom