20210222_191623.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 221
  • 20210222_191648.jpg
    20210222_191648.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 220
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

That is a very nice looking pen !!!

One very minor thing ... I would prefer SLIGHTLY less bulge on the lower barrel ... the cap looks fine to me.

I realize that is a very personal matter ... just expressing my opinion and recognizing that it is mine ! ... :D

peter1958

That is a very nice looking pen !!!

One very minor thing ... I would prefer SLIGHTLY less bulge on the lower barrel ... the cap looks fine to me.

I realize that is a very personal matter ... just expressing my opinion and recognizing that it is mine ! ... :D
Yes i understand what you mean, could be better!!

KenB259

Stripes have a bit of a learning curve to get them right. You did well. I too would prefer a less bulbous profile.

jttheclockman

I know it is a matter of taste but probably would have loved to seen the same pattern on the top of the cap as on the lower section with the bands. Those are always tricky calls. because at times you want the cap stand out from the barrel a bit but with the same theme. Good job and keep at it.

peter1958

Stripes have a bit of a learning curve to get them right. You did well. I too would prefer a less bulbous profile.
The longer i look at the pen, the more i dislike it. So tomorrow i will take it apart, clean the tubes and make another one.
The DNA did dissolve the red colour and coloured the beech red and purple.
So i have something to do tomorrow.
Peter

KenB259

The longer i look at the pen, the more i dislike it. So tomorrow i will take it apart, clean the tubes and make another one.
The DNA did dissolve the red colour and coloured the beech red and purple.
So i have something to do tomorrow.
Peter

I have some on my desk I plan on treating apart and re doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

magpens

@peter1958

Peter, don't rush into disassembly. . There is nothing wrong with this pen. . I like pens with bulges and I make my own with bulges, as appropriate IMO.

The cap bulge on yours is VERY nicely shaped. .

And on the writing barrel, the bulge is only SLIGHTLY overdone and not "demanding" to be disassembled at all !!!

I would recommend that you keep this pen "AS IS" .... it forms part of the historical record of your work ! . Which is very ADMIRABLE, IMO. !!! :D :D :D

As John T. said, "Good job and keep at it."

peter1958

@peter1958

Peter, don't rush into disassembly. . There is nothing wrong with this pen. . I like pens with bulges and I make my own with bulges, as appropriate IMO.

The cap bulge on yours is VERY nicely shaped. .

And on the writing barrel, the bulge is only SLIGHTLY overdone and not "demanding" to be disassembled at all !!!

I would recommend that you keep this pen "AS IS" .... it forms part of the historical record of your work ! . Which is very ADMIRABLE, IMO. !!! :D :D :D

As John T. said, "Good job and keep at it."
Well, i did take it apart and put the parts on the lathe to clean the tubes, but i made it slimmer first and then i like it..
Ca finish.

Attachments

• 20210224_141454.jpg
    20210224_141454.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 122

Alan Morrison

Peter, well done.
It's important to look at the finished pen and work out how to improve it.
You have done that and also taken other peoples feedback on board.
Your second effort is looking really good, so again, well done.

Alan

magpens

@peter1958

Peter, that looks really good ! ... But ... if you would kindly allow me to say so ... perhaps just a WEE TINY BIT ..... well, ... too UN-BULGED !! ;)

Maybe you could go through that again .... just one more time .... and ADD a little MORE BULGE to it ! ..... just A LITTLE more bulge !!

LOL !!

Actually, I am amazed you were able to disassemble, re-work, and reassemble so effectively !!

You're a master of "renovation" !!! .... VERY well done !!!

peter1958

@peter1958

Peter, that looks really good ! ... But ... if you would kindly allow me to say so ... perhaps just a WEE TINY BIT ..... well, ... too UN-BULGED !! ;)

Maybe you could go through that again .... just one more time .... and ADD a little MORE BULGE to it ! ..... just A LITTLE more bulge !!

LOL !!

Actually, I am amazed you were able to disassemble, re-work, and reassemble so effectively !!

You're a master of "renovation" !!! .... VERY well done !!!
Thanks.

DJBPenmaker

I liked it with the bulge but now I see the modified version I like that just a tad more.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Top Bottom