Chrome Diamond Knurl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from KMCloonan

KMCloonan

I haven't posted a pen in a while. With it so cold outside (-12F earlier today, with -35F wind chill), I am trying to get more shop time, although my basement workshop is a balmy 57degrees.

This is a Diamond Knurl Rollerball with a blank I cast in my new Pressure Pot.

002.JPG 003.JPG 004.JPG 005.JPG 006.JPG

Comments/critiques welcome.

Thanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Hippie3180

I haven't posted a pen in a while. With it so cold outside (-12F earlier today, with -35F wind chill), I am trying to get more shop time, although my basement workshop is a balmy 57degrees.

This is a Diamond Knurl Rollerball with a blank I cast in my new Pressure Pot.

View attachment 366385 View attachment 366386 View attachment 366387 View attachment 366388 View attachment 366389

Comments/critiques welcome.

Thanks!
Well now, that's a very cool blank. Nice looking pen too, I typically like all the knurled kits.

Any blank making tips you'd be willing to share? I'm making my own these days and always interested in the process.

Last edited:

KMCloonan

Well now, that's a very cool blank. Nice looking pen too, I typically like all the knurled kits.

Any blank making tips you'd be willing to share? I'm making my own these days and always interested in the process.
I don't really do anything special - this blank was part of a larger pour that I made for some hybrid blanks:
002.JPG
When I prep resin for the large block mold, I make a little extra of each color and pour a separate mold of individual blanks. I just alternate pouring of each color, and gently swirl the poured resin with a skewer stick to mix the colors. I do try to hold off pouring until the resin is about 100F to get good color separation.

Hippie3180

I don't really do anything special - this blank was part of a larger pour that I made for some hybrid blanks:
View attachment 366395
When I prep resin for the large block mold, I make a little extra of each color and pour a separate mold of individual blanks. I just alternate pouring of each color, and gently swirl the poured resin with a skewer stick to mix the colors. I do try to hold off pouring until the resin is about 100F to get good color separation.
Are you pouring in a block or individual stick molds? They look great, the colors are very nice!

I pour rods.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Very attractive pen, and I love the finial - that adds so much and the learning curve is well worth it! Thanks for sharing. 👍 👍

Top Bottom