Christmas Tools

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sataro

Merry Christmas to all...

Here is the tool that I received for Christmas this morning... I've got a bucket full of turquoise that I need to crush...

Anyone else feel welcome to post your pics of Christmas tools that you received.

Attachments

• IMG_0295.JPG
    IMG_0295.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 204
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RobS

That's also great for assembling pen kits. Nice score.

I scored a gift card and will be buying a set of Beall 1X expanding chucks.

Merry Christmas.

hippi

Merry Christmas to all...

Here is the tool that I received for Christmas this morning... I've got a bucket full of turquoise that I need to crush...

Anyone else feel welcome to post your pics of Christmas tools that you received.

after it is crushed it will be defective and will not be any good their for i will take it off your hands lol:):biggrin:

howsitwork

Stonepecker

Just get a large mirror and start staring at the ceiling as it deciding where to put fixings !

SWMBO got me an ultrasonic cleaner and a book on vacuum laminating , ( well OK I got them for her to get me but the principle's the same!).

Merry Christmas Ian

Skie_M

My daughter and son-in-law splurged and got me this:

Time to try some projects other than pens.

Merry Christmas, all!

Regards,
Michael

I got myself one of these for Christmas too, only in the chrome .... I'll leave the med jaws on mine, and keep the step jaws on the utility grip ... perhaps get me another barracuda body for the wide jaws. :)

I may have to get me a small 1-ton shop press too, for stone crushing ... I currently use a marble mortar and pestle, but it doesn't hold up very well against harder rocks, like agate ...

Last edited:

Dale Lynch

Got a cool set of long flute drill bits.Christmas present to myself since my others were stolen.
slide_2.jpg

The wife got me this transfer tool from Lee Valley Tools.She was flipping through the catalog,I remarked how cool it looked.Everyone needs cool looking tools in there shop.
09a0202s2.jpg

Best yet is this awesome brass pen display stand.Really cool,super stoked.
DSCF4216.jpgDSCF4215.jpgDSCF4214.jpgDSCF4217.jpg

Skie_M

I got a new apprentice/helper for Christmas. New son born on Christmas day.

Hmmm .... he's gonna be useless in your shop for at least a few years, mate. I say toss him to the wife till he's big enough to carry your pen blanks without droppin em! :tongue:

I got a new apprentice/helper for Christmas. New son born on Christmas day.

I've had a couple of those over the years and here are some observations for using them.

First, if you turn them on a lathe at a really high speed, the wife will come unglued. They're not real useful for sanding, I think some of the angles are off. They're absolutely wonderful at turning sharp tools into dull ones. I haven't figured out their amperage, as at times, they can be extremely bright, then other times they're as dim as a burned out light bulb. I also haven't figured out if they come with bad bearings as they make a intermittently high pitched whine at numerous times during their use, I don't know if they need to be greased or have the bearings replaced.:biggrin:

Congrats.

Skie_M

If you think a high speed lathe makes the wife come unglued, wait till you see what happens when you make the motorized merry-go-round go super fast!

Sanding is ok, angles not so much, sanding inside the lines not nearly as much, and watch out for the crayon marks ...

Sharp tools are now dull ... check!

Amperage .... well, put em in a squirrel cage attached to a generator and I'll betcha you get some lights glowing occasionally! :)

Bad bearings are like bad genes ... they run in the family. Best to just swap out the wheels from the start, so you don't need to drain a bottle of castor oil every time they need to go...

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
My son gave me a nice pair of shop shears & a new Crescent wrench (combo adjustable & vice grip :)). My daughter gave me a new digital caliper and my wife gave me a new space heater for my shop along with some neat blanks & kits.

I'm no dummy, I didn't waste any time regifting one of the blanks & kits back to her. :biggrin::biggrin:

Attachments

• Heater & Stuff.jpg
    Heater & Stuff.jpg
    299.7 KB · Views: 192
  • Dec2016_Majestic Squire.jpg
    Dec2016_Majestic Squire.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 164

howsitwork

well I'll resurrect this one early as just got a bag of australian blanks from a mate , sent him some walnut , elm ,yew and burr english oak back. Thanks Ray and Alan for transport !

latest tool is hoffman rotary 8" table oh and a centering scope so there is now a fair chance the drill will go where I want it too🙏A0E4BCF7-D52F-4A50-AC7A-9BC2D10DEC87.jpegA8D0950C-DCCD-4DB1-A2BA-72350645F39A.jpeg

Top Bottom