Christmas Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from sorcerertd

sorcerertd

I've been meaning to get to this one for a while. Never really thought about it as a Christmas pen, but it sure fits the bill. Pistachio hybrid blank with alumilite (not cast by me). Alumilite "scrap" used for the band and finial. Finish is GluBoost. The main body has a 3 layers of medium, then 3 more of thin and there are a couple layers of thin on the resin for a deeper shine. I'm getting the hang of this center band thing, but really need a different tool to cut them. Thinking I'm gonna have to get a diamond tip carbide for those.

1-pri.jpg

3-back.jpg

5-front.jpg

6-X-L.jpg

20221205_130027.jpg 20221205_131906.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Beautiful work !!

Your techniques for making the spectacular center band deserve to be fully documented and referenced, IMHO ! !

sorcerertd

Thanks everyone! If nobody buys it for Christmas, maybe it will become a St. Patty's day pen. ;)

Really nice finish and pen. What is the wood - walnut?
That is Pistachio.

Beautiful work !!

Your techniques for making the spectacular center band deserve to be fully documented and referenced, IMHO ! !
Hmm, I wonder if that should be a collaboration? I've seen others do this and wonder if they have an easier way? Mine feels almost like guesswork so far. :/

KMCloonan

Awesome pen. I totally agree with Ken - the center band and finial add a lot of class to an already classy pen. Really well done!

I also have been dabbling with making a center band, and would appreciate hearing how others have made theirs. I will post a pen I made, and describe my method (which is a hodgepodge of various You-Tube video methods).

TDahl

Very nice. I think there is a lot of interest in the center band making process. Thanks for sharing.

sorcerertd

So, this one is going to become a memorial pen for my Aunt. It will be used for the guest book at her funeral tomorrow. I suggested that one of my cousins take it until next year, then choose another family member to hold on to it. They would then write down a favorite memory with that person during the year and gift it to them for Christmas. I don't know what made me think of that, but it seems like a good tradition to honor family and share warm memories.

Top Bottom