Christmas Gift

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bmac

bmac

My B-I-L's brother works for IBM, so I thought he may like this as a gift. It was the first circuit board pen I made and was pleased with the way it turned. The box I made after seeing one on the net. It is spalted oak with just an oil finish on it.

Bobby
Louisiana

Attachments

• DSCN0362.jpg
    DSCN0362.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 208
  • DSCN0366.jpg
    DSCN0366.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 183
  • DSCN0367.jpg
    DSCN0367.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 185
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wb7whi

When turning one of those (I have a couple still unturned) I assume you have to trust the bushings and the tool does not cut into the graphics?

bmac

Thanks for the replies, they are appreciated. It wasn't that bad to turn. I turned the ends down to the bushings and left the middle a lttle fatter. I did stop several times to check to make sure I wasn't getting too close to the circuit board. I bought the blank from Woodcraft but our very own Bruce119 also sells them. Check out the classified section.

Bobby
Louisiana

Last edited:

JohnU

Nice pen and box.

Great! my dad is a computer guy, he would love one of those! how do you apply the graphic?

Its an actual circuit board bent around a tube and cast in clear resin. They are very nice to turn. Ive done both in vista and sierra with no problems. Had a lead (or whatever you call them) come through the resin once but touched it with some thin ca and it polished right up.

Top Bottom