Christmas crane

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from gcurran

gcurran

Just finished the construction crane that was in Wood magazine a couple of issues ago. It is a Christmas gift for my 16 month old grandson. It is made from maple, walnut, and mahagony. Finish is 3 coats of satin polyurethane.

Enjoy and comments welcome.

Attachments

• crane1_01.jpg
    crane1_01.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 237
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Nick

What a nice Grampa!! I am sure "both" of you will enjoy it and each other.
I have to say it............. be carefull of the bucket it looks small and could be a choaking hazzard if left un attended,

Woodlvr

George, That is an awesome piece of work. Do you have a picture of the other side showing how you raise and lower the bucket? I am just curious and am not trying to copy your work. Keep up the great work.

gcurran

George, That is an awesome piece of work. Do you have a picture of the other side showing how you raise and lower the bucket? I am just curious and am not trying to copy your work. Keep up the great work.

Mike - thanks for the back pat! No other pics but I can take one later. The cab swivels and the boom is adjustable as well as being able to raise and lower the bucket. The bucket is about 1.5 inches tall and 1 inch in diameter. The cord is wound on spools riding on 1/4 inch dowels with springs to keep them centered and tight. No worrys about coping my work as the plans were in the September issue of WOOD magazine!

Was a fun project and I cant wait to see my grandson's eyes on Christmas morning!

Top Bottom