Christmas and other turnings

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alamocdc

alamocdc

In between waiting for glue to cure for my PITH offering, I've been occupying myself with various non-pen turnings. The two snowmen are spalted Maple. The smaller is 5" tall, the larger 6.5". Finish is sprayed Deft. The pen pot was turned from green Mesquite and is 3" by 3", also finished with Deft. It was a relatively small limb, hence the abundance of sap wood. I left a small bit of bark in the one spot because I like how it looks. The center has some large insect borings through it so I filled them with coffee grounds and CA. These and other turnings will be going with me to a small craft show this next weekend... hopefully to help me pay off the new lathe I have on the way.

Attachments

• 640small_snowman.jpg
    640small_snowman.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 170
  • 640large_snowman.jpg
    640large_snowman.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 182
  • 640mesquite_pen_pot.jpg
    640mesquite_pen_pot.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 158
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alamocdc

I do too, Billy. You reminded me of a 30 minute discussion I had with one of my 8 year old granddaughters over the shorter snowman about a week ago. She said, "You need to paint it white." I told her that God made the natural beauty of the wood and asked her why I would want to cover up the natural beauty that God created with ugly paint. Her response was simple. "You could paint his hat black." As if that would make the ugly paint less ugly. I responded that I would still be covering up God's beautiful creation with ugly paint. She said, "And you can paint some eyes and buttons..." I could see it was pointless so I gave up.

Top Bottom