chop sticks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from laurie sullivan

I have a friend that has been asking for these for a year. while waiting for my first casting to set, I decided to try my first set of sticks.
the base was a last minute idea to show of the set. I stuck a cobble stone in to the base to stabilize the base. I really like how they turned out. how about you? I soaked everything on boiled linseed oil.

Laurie
DSC_00141.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rlharding

Really nice form in the chopsticks. The presentation is excellent. Form Follows Function.
Your pic needs adjusting but I know you know that.

Laurie,
Love the chopsticks... they look great.

my stepson is a big fan of chinese food and will always eat with chopsticks... he wanted me to make him a pair a while back... they came out more like knitting needles than chopsticks... I kept them as a reminder of what not to do.:D

leehljp

Member Liaison
For some reason, I haven't felt the urge to make any! :D [}:)] ;)
They look Great, though!

In a similar manner, I had a cousin look at me in disgust when I replied "no" to the request to go to a sushi bar while I was in the states. :D

I don't know who they were for but a bit of information on chop sticks - Chinese hold them closer to the top; Japanese hold them about 1/3 or 1/4 the way down from the top. Both use a little different method in grasping them. I am not sure about how Koreans hold them.

jskeen

Most Korean chopsticks are metal with a very wide oval cross section, almost flat. In two years all over the peninsula I never saw anybody eating with wooden chopsticks that weren't disposable. They were usually held very high, within a few inches of the top.

Top Bottom