Chocolate Ebony Cigarillo

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from keithbyrd

keithbyrd

Made my first Cigarillo. This is with Chocolate Ebony made for a friend who brought the wood back from Papua New Guinea on a mission trip.
This is the the new kit just put out by Craft Supply.
I don't usually make slimlines because of the quality of materials and for the perceived price/value. But I think I like this one!
C&C welcome

Attachments

• BP239-0617 4.jpg
    BP239-0617 4.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 297
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

Beautiful Pen Keith.
Glorious Colour in the PNG Chocolate Ebony Blank,
Great Turning, Fit and Finish,
Looks Excellent against the Gun Metal Slimline.
Congratulations,
Brian.

the pen looks great and i almost ordered a handful, what do you think on the center band, and does it spin freely.

This is the reason i stopped making the No-Tennon Euro style ones, with the piece being a center band it seems to lessen the quality by moving freely.

keithbyrd

I know what you mean. It does not attach to the upper barrel and it will spin but does sit snuggly on the transmission protruding from the lower barrel. Even with that feature it still feels quality. One thing - the center band isn't a cheap piece of tin.

I know what you mean. It does not attach to the upper barrel and it will spin but does sit snuggly on the transmission protruding from the lower barrel. Even with that feature it still feels quality. One thing - the center band isn't a cheap piece of tin.

Good to know, i may have to add a few of these to try in the next order.

mecompco

Kinda cool, but IDK--same price as Cigars, but I don't see the potential value. More work as well (more blank to turn down). I really hate to hand my potential customer a pen with a Cross style refill to try--I always apologize. Handing them a pen with a Parker style Schmidt EasyFlow 9000 is a different story--always impresses. If this were an 8mm pen with Parker refill, I'd be all over it.

keithbyrd

Kinda cool, but IDK--same price as Cigars, but I don't see the potential value. More work as well (more blank to turn down). I really hate to hand my potential customer a pen with a Cross style refill to try--I always apologize. Handing them a pen with a Parker style Schmidt EasyFlow 9000 is a different story--always impresses. If this were an 8mm pen with Parker refill, I'd be all over it.

I can't disagree with that argument- 8m would be sweet. Thought I would try because I don't like slimlines. I am frequently asked about them but always try to point to something else - sometimes successful. This came out and thought I would give it a try. I would say my favorite slimline style.

Top Bottom