Chiyogami-Yuzen on Art Deco

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from elkhorn

elkhorn

Here are a few of the pens I turned last night. They're Chiyogami-Yuzen blanks from Marko50 (getting ready for my next show - a juried one this time and I've got my fingers crossed:)) on the PSI Art Deco kits.

Comments and critiques welcome and appreciated.

Attachments

• Chiyogami-Yuzen Art Deco.jpg
    Chiyogami-Yuzen Art Deco.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 445
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

elkhorn

Thanks, guys. Mike, 4 pens is "fun", 50 is production turning:big grin:

Seriously, I'm having fun with these and really don't feel pressured if I can do them in batches of 4 or 5 (now watch part pens - that's a horse of a different color).

Have a good day.

elkhorn

Thanks, all. I also made 4 on the majestic squire with the same type of blanks. They came out very nice, but I think the extra bling on the art deco kicks it up a notch.

Marko50

No seams

Is there a visible seam or diffence in edges graphically where the edges meet?

Mondo,

You would be hard pressed to see any seam on any of the pens/blanks that John turned. In fact, you could be looking right at the seam and not even know it. Due to the fact that the background is so "busy", the human eye struggles to pick up the seam. As long as you stay away straight line seams, you will struggle to identify it which, in this case, is a good thing.:):)

Dalepenkala

Here are a few of the pens I turned last night. They're Chiyogami-Yuzen blanks from Marko50 (getting ready for my next show - a juried one this time and I've got my fingers crossed:)) on the PSI Art Deco kits.

Comments and critiques welcome and appreciated.

Great looking pens John! Congrats!

Marko50

Mondo,

I'm the maker of these blanks. John is one of my very best customers. His work is exceptional and he has the ability to really show off the blank!:)

The paper is Japanese Chiyogami-Yuzen paper that I purchase from small "mom and pop" home based businesses in Japan. The quality is of the highest caliber and their manufacturing techniques go back thousands of years. Some of the lower quality silkscreened papers out there are basically glorified lithographed wrapping paper. You have to do your "due-dillignece" when purchasing the paper! These blanks are made from the real deal.:)

elkhorn

Thanks, Mark, you beat me to it! All of my Japanese Chiyogami-Yuzen paper blanks come from Mark. No offense to anyone else, but he does an incredible job!

Take care, all, and enjoy the Spirit of the 4th!!

Top Bottom