Chicagoland Chapter - Symposium Follow Ups

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mg_dreyer

As promised at the meeting on Saturday – here is a list of the symposiums we discussed:

MPG (Midwest Penturners Gathering)

URL: THE MIDWEST PENTURNERS GATHERING - HOME
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MidwestPenturnersGathering

The 11th Annual Midwest Penturners Gathering
May 18-20, 2018
Comfort Inn & Suites
5 Park Center Drive
Wadsworth, Ohio, OH 44281

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Turn-On! Chicago

URL: Turn-On! Chicago 2016 - Symposium Home

Friday - Sunday
August 3 - 5, 2018

The Conference Center At
University of Saint Mary of the Lake
1000 E. Maple Avenue
Mundelein, IL 60060

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AAW Portland

URL: American Association of Woodturners

The American Association of Woodturners
32nd Annual International Symposium
Oregon Convention Center
777 NE Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Portland, OR 97232
June 14-17, 2018

Anyone who has attended – please feel free to comment.

mg_dreyer

Now as a commentator.

If you are looking strictly for pens the MPG is the way to go - very reasonable registration fee and the demos are very good. Also only 6 hours hours away. You will meet a lot of fellow pens turners and have a lot of fun and learn a ton. Also the door prizes are great.

If you are looking to do pens and more Turn-On! Chicago is great. As mentioned in the meeting that was my first symposium I went to in 2010 and have not missed one since. World class presenters (and yes there will be pen turning). Daily and full session registration is available.

Now AAW - the national event. Held yearly this is a very intensive introduction to the turning world. Also world class presenters. And there will be pen turning here also. Very well organized and worth your attending. If Portland is too far - check out the site and it will be closer the following three years.

I have been all of them for many, many years. Each offers their own features and all are well worth attending. Any questions post below or contact me. I can help with all three.

Last edited:
Top Bottom