Chicagoland Chapter - April Meeting - Change Of Demonstrator

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mg_dreyer

Unfortunately, our demonstrator for Saturday, Don McCloskey, cannot make the meeting. I will work to get him back in a few months from now.

But do not despair, we have a prominent MPG demonstrator to replace him. Ed Brown of ExoticBlanks.com will be doing a two part demo - closed end pens and "Everything you wanted to know about pens." I have known Ed for close to 20 years and I know this will be entertaining. Here is his write up....

Questions about penmaking? Penselling? Quality of kits? History of "kit pens"? Types of "plastic"? Different characteristics of plastics?

BRING THEM WITH YOU TO THE SATURDAY MEETING!!

Ed Brown will be demonstrating how to make a closed end pen, using standard tools you already have for penmaking-- When you leave, you will have a pretty good grasp of how to do this!! However, the demo really can be done in half an hour, so we have plenty of time for questions!!

Knowing there is a wide range of penturners in the meeting, we want everyone to have a reason to be there and to learn something (or teach everyone else something). So, bring your questions and let's all spend a couple hours getting to be better penturners AND making stronger local friendships.

IF you need any supplies, remember that the Rockler store is allowing us to use their facility, for free!! Please make a couple purchases as a "THANK YOU"!!!

Look forward to seeing you there!!

Ed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dcrichlow

I hope to make this meeting, but am heading up to Wisc that day...I would love to Meet up with everyone

Dave Crichlow
Chicagopens.net

mg_dreyer

Terry,

April 22 - Feature Ed Brown / Closed End Pen / Everything You Wanted To Know
June 10
August 12
October 14
December 16

All meetings are from 10 am - 1 pm

139 South Weber Road
Bolingbrook, IL 60490

All the details on the club can be found here:
http://www.penturners.org/forum/f381/chicagoland-iap-chapter-april-email-147242/

Thanks for the interest ....

Last edited:

mg_dreyer

Jeff,

It is fun to have the people here in the area to help out. Getting Ed to do a demo for us is great. I have also lined up a few more from the MPG to do some demos over the next few months. Keep an eye out over the next few months and see what else we have going down here. The club will be fun.

Mark

MrFrost

Yesterday's meeting was great, and I'm glad to have gone and look forward to the next one!

I was lucky enough to win a door prize, three cigar pen kits! Awesome!

The blank exchange was also great! I have already turned two of the blanks I got, and used all three of the kits I won as well!

Thank you to everyone that helped make the meeting happen!

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

mg_dreyer

Follow Up

First and foremost a few thanks:

• Thanks to Ed Brown (ExoticBlanks) for coming out and showing us all the closed end pen and staying to answer all the questions the group had.
• Rockler for the building again for three hours (and I was nervous we would be done in 30 minutes with the meeting)
• Rich Rossio (L & R Collectables) for all the door prizes
• And the 40 or so members who attended

Hopefully everyone got something out of the meeting. And as Ed mentioned in another post – it was nice to see Dick Sing come out. As talked about at the meeting we have some exciting demos coming up. And the activities should be challenging (congratulations - Kim with her first win of the year on the Acrylic challenge).

Let me know what works for us and any ideas you have. And as always – any questions or comments just let me know.

Thanks,
Mark

I haven't had much time to pop in here, but just wanted to say thanks to everyone involved, it was a great meeting, and I sure hope I can make it to the June mtg, that one sounds like its going to be a 'do not miss' event!

Top Bottom