Chicagoland - August Virtual Meeting - Open To All - Great Demos

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mg_dreyer

The June meeting went well and we had a nice turn out – including some members for IAP outside of Chicago. We thank everyone who came out. And we are getting ready to do it again and once again all are welcome.

This one is "can't miss". We have two demos. Ed Brown and Chris Labedz will both have a demo. Ed is a well know demo and conversationalist and will be discussing pen kits – platings / durability / etc. And Chris cut his teeth a few years back at the MPG and has demoed ever since. I look forward to both.

This will be a Zoom meeting and if interested I will invite you. Either email me at chicagopenturners@yahoo.com (and I will confirm) or PM me with your email address so I can send an invite. I will start the meeting one hour early to allow for testing the connection and socializing. See you there.

2020 – Dates are set
August 15 – Ed Brown (Pen Kits and Refills) / Chris Labedz (Coloring)
October 17 – Realistic Cigar
December 19 - Open

All meetings are from 10 am - 1 pm - WILL BE VIRTUAL STARTING AT 9
Normal Location:
Rockler Woodworking and Hardware
139 South Weber Road
Bolingbrook, IL 60490

December (2020) Christmas Challenge:
A total of $25 (kit and blank). Make the best pen you can, and the winner gets the glory (and the prizes). I encourage to use some technique you either learned or were inspired to try. We will vote as a group. This year's winner was a nice watch parts pen.

Tips and Tricks:
Please bring your tips and tricks for all of us to share and learn. Last month we had a few but always looking for more. Even if small – it might be something someone else is struggling with.

Show and Tell:
Please bring any pens you either loved making and just want to show off / are having trouble with a techniques and want help / want feedback on / or just want to put on a table. This will be an open forum to help each other. You will find two things out – one helping others is fun and two you know more than you think you do and others will benefit.

Looking for demonstrators and / or topics. If you have any interest in doing a demo email me. Also if you have suggestions for a demo you would like to see email me back.

Thanks,
Mark

Don Rabchenuk

I attended the June meeting and really enjoyed myself. I would recommend this all to take this opportunity . It's a great way to meet others that you may not get a chance to because of distance. Thank you Mark and the rest of the Chicago group.

Top Bottom