Cherry Mill

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jim in Oakville

A cherry Mill, 10" with a lacquer finish

IMG_1462Adj.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctubbs

Beautiful, elegant, royally simplistic and fully functionally useful. In other words, as close to perfect as humanly possible.

charles

alphageek

Former Moderator
Jim, I love this! I reminds me of a lighthouse. I could see this being an instant sell to anyone who loves lighthouses (and living near Lake Michigan I can tell you there are lots of lighthouse fans).

That is a beautiful piece, very easy to look at.

I'm just starting to gather what I need to try mills. Is there a brass washer or spacer between the top and body? or am I seeing a bead that is catching the light and looks like brass?

Chris

sbarton22

outside of the mill itself, which is gorgeous, I realized how you were photographing it. That is also a fine work of art.

Your sharing this has instantly me made me better.

Fred

Jim, this is an excellent turning of a pepper mill. The shape is very functional and the finish is spot on for this piece of wood. Keep up the great work. :biggrin:

Thanks again every one, I am very happy with the results.. I have started to turn the cap now with the body, turning the body first, then allowing friction to hold the cap on while i turn the final shape. Getting the cap proportion right was always my challenge this method worked for me.

That is a beautiful piece, very easy to look at.

I'm just starting to gather what I need to try mills. Is there a brass washer or spacer between the top and body? or am I seeing a bead that is catching the light and looks like brass?

Chris

There is no spacer, it is a step I turned on the body to off set the cap, just trying something to see if it would add to the look.

Top Bottom