Cherry Burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MRDucks2

Cutting wood into various blanks most all day. The Cherry from my first down tree last year and the hard maple I recently acquired to get both down to a movable, storable size.

Last piece of the day was a Cherry Burl where the root meets the tree.
019B67D0-E1D3-4C5A-8E11-362E9D7C1E69.jpeg
9A1B80B3-72CF-4515-8EB3-FE1EA1A0F6B2.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

greenacres2

I love my little Milwaukee chain saw--but after cutting 4 bowl & 2 spindle blanks from a green maple log Sunday...a rip chain is in my future. Maybe even a 20" set up just for ripping. I've got a small mountain of maple & cherry to process, got to do something!!
earl

PreacherJon

I love my little Milwaukee chain saw--but after cutting 4 bowl & 2 spindle blanks from a green maple log Sunday...a rip chain is in my future. Maybe even a 20" set up just for ripping. I've got a small mountain of maple & cherry to process, got to do something!!
earl
Let us see what you do. I use a Stihl Farm Boss and don't have any problems with ripping logs. Just the regular chain... for me the key is to keep them sharp.

Attachments

• Maple1n.jpg
    Maple1n.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 92

MRDucks2

Let us see what you do. I use a Stihl Farm Boss and don't have any problems with ripping logs. Just the regular chain... for me the key is to keep them sharp.
The key is not your saw, it is your chain. I have owned a couple of Stihl saws but prefer Husqvarna. I always outfitted them with Stihl saw chain, though. Best chain available for the money.

Thanks for helping me remember that.

Top Bottom