Cherry Bowl...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from TurnerJohn74

TurnerJohn74

Here is one of many utility Cherry bowls I'm making for the house. Let me know what you think. I'm new to turning so any criticism is welcome.
John

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PaulDoug

Another beauty. I've just started playing with bowl turning. Someday I will post but mine don't even come close to yours yet.

You seem to have an eye for it.

Tony Pridmore

Pleasing shape, no tool marks, great grain orientation. Very well done! It's a beautiful bowl. The only ding you get on that one is lack of signature. :)

For future bowl photos, if you switch to a light background and include a side view we can provide more constructive criticism. The side view will provide the full curve and will show the proportions of the foot (height and diameter).

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
Excellent form and execution, I can't spot any discontinuity in the curve of the bowl which is great. Nor can I spot any tool marks. The wall thickness in nice and thin, but not so thin as to be more an art piece than anything practical.

Cherry really makes nice bowls. For all it's natural beauty, it seems to get less respect than it deserves. Pieces like this shows off how nice Cherry can look without dumbing it down with a lot of stain.

Needs to be signed and dated!

Could the foot be any shorter and still stack easily without the bowls getting stuck together on the rims like jamb chucks?

Top Bottom