Cherry Bowl #3- my best one, I think

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Cwalker935

Cwalker935

I am in use it or lose it vacation mode at work and took the day off. First project was to finish my third cherry bowl. This one is 10 3/4" in dia and 3 inches tall. It is as nicely figured as the first two bowls from this log. I have one more piece from this cherry tree to do and will probably go into withdrawal once I am done with that one. I love this wood.

I typically find fault with all of my work but not this time. I believe that this particular bowl is my best work to date. I am going to hate to let it go but it is promised to someone else. Feel free to offer your comments and criticisms.

View in Gallery

image.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cwalker935

iPhone pic of the bottom, waiting on a guy to pick it up. Not sure if you can tell, the bottom has a slight concave. Did that with a disk sander. image.jpg

Cwalker935

Best of the bunch!! Wait. - You SOLD it!?!?

Yeah, it was a custom order. I thought about hiding it and telling some tale about messing it up but it was going back to the customer's grandmother who owned the property where the cherry tree had grown. I guess you could say the bowl was going back home.

Cwalker935

Love it! so how do you sign the bowl so it is permanent?

I do not have a good method of signing. I used a closed in roller ball that I dropped and cracked the barrel. After letting the ink dry, i rub on the beeswax polish. I have been thinking about investing in a wood burning tool.

Cwalker935

I should mention that I scored another piece of the cherry when delivering the bowl. Not very big, but I should be able to get some decent bowls out if it.

Top Bottom