Cheers for Exotic Blanks and Wood and Whimsies

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Larryreitz

I'm sitting here thinking that during this pandemic we are very lucky to have small privately owned vendors that are able to supply us with what we need for this obsession. I'll highlite 2.

Exotic Blanks--In a medium sized order (large for me) I got, among several other kits, 5 Manager fountain pens. Turned a couple of blanks and when I went to put them together I thought it was strange that parts were missing. OK, I figured out half of the problem. The center band came in one small envelope attached to the nib. No problem, easy enough to unscrew. I didn't see the second problem until I started to put them together. NO nib adapter. So I called and sent pictures. Very nice reply from Dawn Kiser letting me know the nib holder was screwed into the center band. KInd of a strange way to ship components but they were all there and the assistance provided by Dawn was far superior to what I would expect from a corporate supplier. So thanks.

Wood and Whimsies--I hadn't ordered from them for some time, but, they were the only vendor I new of that carried 2 things I really needed--24 pen fold over portfolio and long 27/64 inch tubes. The pen portfolios were in a couple of places on their web site and I clicked on the one that didn't allow it to be put in the cart. Tried to find a phone number and couldn't until I completed the order for the tubes. A phone number was on the receipt so I called and was able to get through to their answering service. Not long after I got a call back and got them ordered. Now here's what I think is the good part. I placed the order Monday morning and I got the package mid afternoon today via Fed Ex. The shipping cost looked competitive with USPS or UPS.

Lucky2

Larry, service like that is hard to come by, I must look into ordering something from both of them. Hopefully, they both ship to Canada, otherwise, I won't be able to do business with them. Thanks for the head's up, I like doing business with people who've been suggested as being good to deal with.

Len

Top Bottom