Checking in

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Scott

I thought I should stop by for a check in. I learned about Ernie passing away, and Wayne having a heart attack, and I realized it has been a long time since I had posted here. I am doing well coming up on my 68th birthday, and am enjoying the activities of my 50th class reunion. Time sure does fly! In June we took a wonderful trip to Peru. What a great experience that was! I guess I just wanted to let everyone know I am still kicking.

About the only pen related news I have is I picked up a nice little Parker P51 at a yard sale for a buck! Have a great day!

Scott.
2CF7BB52-D40B-4970-9701-817B89CD01B8.jpeg
5A458E68-2646-4A33-9388-CD89DC3CC4FF.jpeg
78D2B8CA-3285-4C76-A76B-C305BE21FBD2.jpeg
image.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

One of the originals. Good to see you check in again. Like your friend in the photo. Life is too short and it throws us all curve balls. I am trying to get finally done with my whole house makeover and finally be done. I will then have much needed time in my shop where I feel the most relaxed. I miss creating things. Glad to hear you are well.

Woodchipper

An interesting place, to be sure. However, the altitude would be a big problem. Wife and I went up Sandia Mountain outside of Albuquerque, NM. At just over two miles, I took some photos and headed back down the mountain.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Good to hear from you Scott. I've always wanted to see Machu Pichu .... however you spell it. Awesome pictures.

Would you like to double your investment on that pen? šŸ˜ Congratulations on your anniversary.

In June we took a wonderful trip to Peru. What a great experience that was! I guess I just wanted to let everyone know I am still kicking.

Scott.View attachment 340354View attachment 340355View attachment 340356View attachment 340357

Peru is a beautiful country... I had a business trip down there a few years back... didn't get to go to Machu Pichu, but flew to Carjarmarca (sp)
to visit a gold mine.... they were turning a 14,000 mountain into a 10,000 mountain and getting tons of gold out of the slag... interesting trip but for a flatlander that lived at or below sea level in Houston, The mine was rough on my breathing. I was handling the shipping to the mine through Lima at the time.... we did get to tour a museum in Lima that had relics from MP. We were chauffeured around Lima in bullet proof autos.

Scott

Thanks everybody! Retirement has been good for Diane and myself! We are traveling more now that Covid let's us go. If you've ever thought of going to Peru, just do it! The people are amazing, and Machu Pichu is beyond cool! The altitude can be an issue. We stayed mostly in Cusco, which is at 10,500 ft. The highest we visited was over 14,000 ft!

Oh, I think I'll keep the Parker! šŸ„“

I'll close with the best picture I took on that trip.

Scott.

834188E8-2A62-4D28-95F9-B50EB2D4DD05.jpeg

sbwertz

I was in charge of making name tags for our 50th class reunion....I put our graduation pictures on the name tags so we could recognize one another LOL. It was a big hit.

Top Bottom