CHECK IN and info thread.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
We wont have much time this year for putting the SE together. POST in this thread so you get notifications and I know you found us.
You will need a set of rules for y our contest , if this is your first year running one we can borrow a set from last year. With the late start on my part we should start the contests the second week in Aug. and finish them up the last one.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
When you check in, if you know which contest your running start a new thread with the name of the contest so you can post your rules in it. If you already have your rules from prior contests I can copy them in for you or you can do so yourself.
If you dont know what contest your running but have one you would like to run let me know which one it is. Derek will not be running a contest this year so the Slim lline is open for a chairman.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
SteveJ will take the kitless.
I have
Pen box and/ or pen stand open.
Ball point Pen,
Youth Contests

Last edited:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Vic you can either split the 2 youth contests into two age groups or just do one age group and limit the top age. Under 12 and 12-14 etc.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Everyone, have all entries emailed Directly to you. Make sure you send each one a "got it" email.

Mr Vic

Vic you can either split the 2 youth contests into two age groups or just do one age group and limit the top age. Under 12 and 12-14 etc.

I'll go ahead and split it up...What are the dates we have to work with? Aug 1st -31st?
Before I post the rules, does anyone see any reason to restrict the 13 and under to Ballpoint only and the 14 to 17 to Ballpoint or Rollerball - No Fountains?

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
In the past we restricted the kits used so that you couldnt buy a win by submitting a FP in a top end kit against a euro. You are free to do it as you see fit.

KenV

Had some issues with service provider and bandwidth down to 0.02 megabits per second but seems to be better.

Last year there were two contests and I am planning to combine them into one - boxes, stands, displays, etc --

Submissions narrative should include discussion of:
Creativity
Workmanship
Effectiveness in showing off the writing instrument
Practicability

to help the reviewers who will vote get and understand the intent of the submission

Off to edit and put it out for review/comment

KenV

Editing is done pending a couple of question --

Standard picture size -- 800 by 600 pixels? 1/4 megabytes. I drafted for max 1 megabyte and do not want larger because of band width issues near the end of the world. Smaller is fine

I followed another example for closing 11:59 PM eastern, 10PM Mountain, 8PM Alaska and figure that the other two time zones (and Arizona and Hawaii) can figure it out.

Mr Vic

Ken, I'm planning to use Noon MST on Sunday the 27th. That gives voting time and more importantly, it gives me Sunday afternoon to set up the polling thread so voting can start on Monday. Pick the time that works for you....

Mr Vic

Alright already. I've got the Youth contest posted. Please review and comment.

I combined the two into one contest based on the number of entries in the past.

I also restricted it to Ball Point kits only.

KenV

Box - Stand - Display is posted.

Comments appreciated

Big changes is to allow the now common CNC routers, lasers, 3 D printers as well as opportunities for collaboration in enhancements.

I did try to assure that the work product needed to be unique and not shown elsewhere, but the design basis need not be unique.

Hopefully this will get enough good examples to get JT out of his funk.

CREID

Box - Stand - Display is posted.

Comments appreciated

Big changes is to allow the now common CNC routers, lasers, 3 D printers as well as opportunities for collaboration in enhancements.

I did try to assure that the work product needed to be unique and not shown elsewhere, but the design basis need not be unique.

Hopefully this will get enough good examples to get JT out of his funk.
I would like to see JT out of his funk. Not as interesting around here without him.

CREID

"Tiiiiiimmmmmme is on my siiide"
"Time in a bottle"
"Time has come today"
"Does anybody really know what time it is"
"It is the time, of the season"
"Feels like the first time"
"First time, ever I saw your face"
"In the summertime"

Mr Vic

"Tiiiiiimmmmmme is on my siiide"
"Time in a bottle"
"Time has come today"
"Does anybody really know what time it is"
"It is the time, of the season"
"Feels like the first time"
"First time, ever I saw your face"
"In the summertime"

Tooooooo Much Time on His Hands!

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
We have about a week before we start the contests. I will have your prizes sorted out by then. When we start, copy and paste your contest rules into a new thread Under the Activities manager Forum. That will allow me to edit them later on for you if needed. We dont make a new forum for SE like we do for The Bash contests. I can copy and paste them for you if time is a problem but its better if you do it, it shows who is actually running the contest, and who to ask questions of.
You will need to promote your contests in casual conversations forum. Banter is encouraged. Now is a good time to start with pre contest announcement posts.

Last edited:
Top Bottom