Chatgpt

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

walshjp17

A week or so ago I heard an interview on the radio with a scientist who decided to see if the chatgpt AI could create a technical paper that could be published in a scientific journal. That got me thinking and yesterday I downloaded the AI to my iPhone and asked it to create an outline and essay on making a kitless pen. The AI returned the attached. It took less than two minutes for this to be created and returned to me … and that time included me asking the second question in the attached.

This is a bit scary of you ask me. It is not totally accurate as certain details are not included, but it is pretty much spot on.

Attachments

• GPT Kitless .pdf
    29.3 KB · Views: 121
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Darios

It is not totally accurate as certain details are not included, but it is pretty much spot on.
And that's the key. For all the buzz (some of it self-serving) ChatGPT is essentially Google search 3.0. A better way to pull out what's already out there - with the caveat that it will be right 80-90% of the time but sound absolutely confident about the full 100%.

egnald

I have occasionally used ChatGPT to gather non-critical reference information. I find it much faster than searching through Google results manually. I did note that it came up with a sort of disclaimer both before and after the information.

I found it useful for asking questions such as "What are the bushing sizes for a Cigar pen kit". It came back quickly with the typical bushing dimensions along with the disclaimers of course. I would speculate that it might be useful for similar questions related to the brass tube dimensions, etc.

When asking a "who invented" question about one of the pen kit styles, the first response was incorrect. Later when I asked about something similar, the response actually included an apology for the previous answer and then corrected it with more accurate information related to the "who invented" question. I found that to be quite interesting.

Dave

MRDucks2

Had fun a couple of weeks ago with youngest Granddaughter (12) who was playing some sort of AI game. The idea was that the game could guess who or what you were thinking about by asking questions. The first time it nailed mine pretty quickly. Now on a mission we actually stumped it, a first for her and she was very excited.

As it went on it began repeating questions and asking the same question in different ways, trying to any errors or if you were being misleading. It guessed 3 times and gave up. Before it would go on it required being told the answer.

It could not figure out who a famous athlete was - Cassius Clay. It never guessed Mohammad Ali, either. It did guess George Foreman twice and Joe Lewis once before giving up.

Top Bottom