Charleston sc

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Hello. I have been turning for about a year and have made enough mistakes now to know I might need to invest in the proper tools. I've sold a few pens, and have given away more than a few. Made some good friends along the way too! I have attended a local wood turning club, but dues prevent me from being a member. I have gone through a few gallons of cactus juice and have finally upgraded my pump. I would like to make friends with someone casting aluminite, as I just don't want to get started on that. Boy I sure do like the way aluminite turns!!

I teach middle school and the kids love to ask me what I made over the weekend. Honestly, I've gone at this alone for so long Ive really had fun honing my problem solving skills. Now to learn how to post photos. Lol

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Welcome from Texas, Nicholas. Glad to have you on board.

Be sure to check out the BASH activities & contests coming up on Monday. Let me know if you have any questions.

Edgar

TimS124

I'm a couple hours west of you and have cast a bit of Alumilite. I just moved from the west coast a couple months ago so most of my stuff is still in boxes (and I need to get some fresh resin before casting again). Happy to share what I know and welcome to IAP!

MikeinSC

Brooks803 uses Alumilite and is in Aiken. I'm in St George but dont use alumilite just yet. I believe Brooks will be quite busy for awhile but he gets on here occasionally.

Welcome

Last edited:
Top Bottom