Chapter Meeting 1

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jcollazo

Let's use this thread to plan out our first chapter meeting.

I know we're pretty spread out here in southern California. With some planning we should be able to come up to some place that's amiable to all.

My place is open to the meeting but, even though it has easy access to most freeways, it may not be convenient for everyone.

I also noticed a couple of new folks from the San Diego area. We should invite them to join our little band.

So... if you have suggestions about where to meet and subjects to cover, this is the place to post.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dalemcginnis

Local Chapter Leader
For places to meet, maybe look at where everyone resides to determine the best place. As for subjects I suspect the first meeting will probably be just everyone getting to know each other.

Joe, really looking forward to this meeting. I know that there are quite a few members in our general vicinity that haven't yet checked in. Unfortunately, I can't find them any longer, since we no longer have access to the member map! A real shame.

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Hi, sorry I'm late to this. (Got a new puppy.)

How about setting up the first meeting at a mid-point resturant - say for lunch? We then decide more about further meetings and stuff after we meet the first time. That would make it easier on most of us and wouldn't put a lot of pressure on one person right off to host the first meeting.

wizical

Hi, sorry I'm late to this. (Got a new puppy.)

How about setting up the first meeting at a mid-point resturant - say for lunch? We then decide more about further meetings and stuff after we meet the first time. That would make it easier on most of us and wouldn't put a lot of pressure on one person right off to host the first meeting.

i like that idea a lot

jcollazo

i like that idea a lot

I like that idea too. Now where to meet? One place that comes to mind is Corona. I know they have restaurants there... I've seen them:wink:

or Anaheim, or Costa Mesa or or or......

And while we have our thinking caps, WHEN?

Decisions, decisions.:frown:

dalemcginnis

Local Chapter Leader
With the holidays coming up I'd say the sooner the better, before we're all to busy. For me the only day I would be able to attend would be on a Saturday though.

Jeff, since Dale said it may be difficult for him to make it on 11/22, how about if we shoot for 11/15---that's less than two weeks off. As for location, just about any place suits me. You suggested Corona, which would be okay; but is that anywhere near a central location? Since you have the members' locations, just pick a spot, and I'm sure we'll all be okay with it. It would be a good idea to pick a location close to the freeway system so everyone will be able to find it easily, don't you think?

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
I'm up for just about any day . . . but I haven't been online every day for some time. So I'll need at least a 3 day notice.

I don't remember the "main street" off ramp in Corona off the 91. But I know there are a whole lot of resturants there. I think I'll go for whatever place or day you say.

polarbear1

A Saturday sounds good to me, so does Corona. But I would guess Ontario or Pomona would be more central and the 10 freeway seems less crowded than the 91 most often? But I'm flexible.

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Are we looking to December?

November's flying by. Are we looking to December to meet? Or does someone here want to try to find a day to get together?

Might I suggest Applebee's just west of the 91 at McKinley off ramp in Corona? (I might have spelled the street name wrong. My other suggestion is the Denny's restruarant in Ontario right off ? (I can't remember the street name. Starts with a M___) exit is for Ontario Mills Mall. Both places are just a few blocks from the freeway exits.

Sorry guys, I have a problem remembering names and stuff.

Breakfast, lunch or dinner? Rocklers is right across the street from the Ontario Denny's.

I'd really like to meet some of you all!

Cathy Sue

dalemcginnis

Local Chapter Leader
November's flying by. Are we looking to December to meet? Or does someone here want to try to find a day to get together?

Might I suggest Applebee's just west of the 91 at McKinley off ramp in Corona? (I might have spelled the street name wrong. My other suggestion is the Denny's restruarant in Ontario right off ? (I can't remember the street name. Starts with a M___) exit is for Ontario Mills Mall. Both places are just a few blocks from the freeway exits.

Sorry guys, I have a problem remembering names and stuff.

Breakfast, lunch or dinner? Rocklers is right across the street from the Ontario Denny's.

Cathy Sue

Your thinking of Milliken and that sounds like a good place to me. Mostly because it's close to where I work so if I had to work that Saturday it will still be easy to make it. I just got my Rockler sale flyer and they're having an early bird special, 25% off from 7 to 10am on the 29th. We could come early go to Rocklers then meet at Denny's after.

That sounds okay to me, too. For those who don't know the area too well, this would be the Milliken exit off the I-10 (San Bernardino Freeway), and is actually just west of the I-10/I-15 interchange. Just a bit of a hike for the folks from LA, but not really TOO bad--and we could arrange the next meeting closer to them next time. Sound fair? I think the Ontario site might be just a bit more convenient, because the I-91 can be a reall circle-jerk at times.

polarbear1

The 29th works for me -- I would have to work that day but if we meet at 8 or 9, I can work later that day, that would still give me an hour or two to visit Rockler.

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Okay, breakfast at Denny's and a Rocklers early bird special on Nov 29th. I'm in.

Breakfast at 9am?

polarbear1

It was a real pleasure meeting you all yesterday morning. Thanks Dale for pointing out the free gift offer from Ken at Kallenshaan woods and arranging to get them in time. That was a very generous offer from Ken, I will have to be sure and order more kits and Laser work from Ken. I'm looking forward to our next get together.

Justdon83

I too was glad to meet people from this group.
Dale, many thanks again for the lovely gift.
I finished my Cambridge pen yesterday, after I got back from our meeting.
I have enclosed the pictures. Comments and suggestions always welcome.
The wood is Desert Ironwood with a CA finish

Attachments

• CambridgeIronwood (600 x 260).jpg
    CambridgeIronwood (600 x 260).jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 195
  • CambridgeIronwood2 (600 x 435).jpg
    CambridgeIronwood2 (600 x 435).jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 198
Top Bottom