Chapter leader

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edicehouse

I just saw where Jeff has a thread for Chapter leaders. Now I was thinking someone should be our Chapter leader. I don't have anyone specific in mind, but I am thinking someone who is kinda young, probably going to retire in 2 years, and can organize good meetings. Are there any suggestions for that.

Oh Fred thanks again for the meeting you organized this weekend. Maybe when you retire you can invite some of us to your dinner...... :eek:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edicehouse

Yeah...thanks for the nomination! Buddy......

Oh wow never thought that. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I think if we have monthly or bimonthly meetings at Woodcraft, a couple of the events like we held this past Sunday. That would benefit us. I learned a lot, and I imagine others learned some things too.

One of the meetings can be on the weekend Woodcraft does the Pens for troops event. Considering how many vets/active duty members were there this weekend.

edicehouse

In life we learn that unless there is someone that says this is being held on this date, nothing gets done. So there needs to be someone to say this is the date, place, and time. I am sure Fred will listen to requests and ideas, and probably would not mind if someone sets something up also.

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
More like "being an officer"...I wouldn't hold that against him :)

Just kidding Fred.

Late to the party in voting and everything else here lately (am REALLY sorry I didn't make Fred's last get together ;(

However, the first get together was great and I am hearing the second was even better...so I fourth it that Fred be the official Chapter Leader..!!

NOW...who has the fifth..!!
(if you are a drinking man you will get that humor :)
otherwise my apologies..

I third the motion for Fred...Being an Officer I think he has good leader skills.

edicehouse

More like "being an officer"...I wouldn't hold that against him :)

Just kidding Fred.

Late to the party in voting and everything else here lately (am REALLY sorry I didn't make Fred's last get together ;(

However, the first get together was great and I am hearing the second was even better...so I fourth it that Fred be the official Chapter Leader..!!

NOW...who has the fifth..!!
(if you are a drinking man you will get that humor :)
otherwise my apologies..

I third the motion for Fred...Being an Officer I think he has good leader skills.

If someone is basically getting appointed (not by me, but the others after me....) does that actually count as voting. LOL

edicehouse

I don't think it is something like being an official club and have bi laws and all that stuff. Just something where Fred says okay I have set up Wednesday the XXth for us to meet at Woodcraft at 6PM. Honestly there is not a single day in the month that would work for everyone that would show up. Of course there are those of us that have a water pipe bust the day the meeting would be, or kids get sick, or have a vacation, or going to the race, ect.

Fred informed us that the rest of his military career will be shore duty, because he wants to not miss my first Celtic Knot, and his kids graduation.

It doesn't mean if during the summer Fred decided that too many people are going on vacations it's to hot, that someone else can't say hey I am holding a thing at my house, who would like to come. It seems most of us would associate with each other outside of the pen making world, just to shoot the breeze.

I am tired and rambling, so I will end this now!

Top Bottom