Chapter for Louisiana

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bmac

Hey Jim, there is not a local IAP chapter in LA as far as I know. The closest chapters are in TX, AK and maybe MS. I don't think it takes that much to start a chapter other than getting people to show up and talk pens.

Bobby McCarley

Thanks for the reply, I may ask at the BWT meeting to see if there is an interest. There are many of us who turn pens and sharing those techniques might be interesting. What do you think. I run into may pen turners who do not do other types of turnings.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the reply, I may ask at the BWT meeting to see if there is an interest. There are many of us who turn pens and sharing those techniques might be interesting. What do you think. I run into may pen turners who do not do other types of turnings.

Just let me know by PM what you want to name the chapter and what the coverage area is, and I'll create a forum for it in the local chapter section. Then you can begin discussing the particulars with interested members.

Jeff we met this weekend and would like the name to be "Southern Louisiana Pen Turners"

we have working to get this in place for a while. the interest seems to be really good.

it all began with Freedom Pens which we are averaging approx. 450 a month. our Woodturners also make custom pens for the galleries.

thanks to all helping us get this done. Glenn has been a great help.

Top Bottom