Chairmen, please read and confirm

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
  1. Trivia Contest – 28 days x 2=56 @ $25-50, probably a cherry or two at $100, using the lotto again so no one knows when.
  2. Modified Cigar Contest – Butch (lbd2000) 3 ($100, 75, 50) confirmed by reading intro thread
  3. Beginner Pen Contest – Butch (lbd2000) 3 ($100, 75, 50) confirmed by reading intro thread
  4. Beautiful Pen Contest – Butch (lbd2000) 3 ($100, 75, 50) confirmed by reading intro thread
  5. Freestyle Pen Contest – Landon (Hunter-27) 4 ($100, 75, 50, $50)confirmed by reading intro thread
  6. Ugly Pen Contest – Scott ($75 x 3, $50 x 3, $??x3 - 3rd places) confirmed by PM
  7. Featured Pen Contest – Mike (mbroberg) Plaques x4 confirmed
  8. Best Article – Tom (TomW) 2 ($100, $75)
  9. Crossword Challenge – Landon (Hunter27) ??
  10. Photo Contest – Curtis (MesquiteMan)Plaque and prizes????? (1 grand prize and plaque 3 firsts and 3 seconds)Confirmed
  11. Russ Fairfield contest--- special prizes first and second are handled--special plaque?? anything else????

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Ed,

I was only PLANNING on one plaque for the Featured Pen Contest. If plaques are doable for 2nd - 4th place, that is great!! If it creates a problem, one plaque for, "The Featured Pen of the Year" will do.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Mike,

I am following the model from last year. The quarterly winner is a very prestigious position. Only a few pens per quarter are picked by Jeff to grace his "front page". To be the "winner" in that category is as great an honor as anyone could achieve. So, a plaque seems appropriate. (AND, we did it last year, so it was planned for as this year approached).

Moral of the story: We can PLAN for most anything, if the contest chairmen or you, Mike, request it early enough for any contest. Dawn and I have raised money for many charity groups---we dream up a project and, with Jeff's approval, should be able to make it happen.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
The master list is mostly completed. I have forwarded it to Andrew, just to have another set of eyes make sure I didn't make a huge error somewhere.

Should be able to announce everything Sunday afternoon.

I think you will all be happy with it. Trivia will go back to two prizes per day (assuming you want to), using the number system. There are a couple REALLY nice prizes that will go into the "trivia pool", so we should be able to tempt people to play even more than usual.

Think we can have a LOT of fun with this.

Thanks to all for waiting patiently---

Ed

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
I thought I told you but not on your list, I need 2 prizes for the crossword contest. Sorry I did not realize it was not noted already. As far as the Freestyle goes it looks like you gave me 4 prizes, that is grand but I will take care of the 4th place myself(I put in the intro what I was doing, apparently that info never made it to you. Feel free to put the extra 4th place prize toward the Crossword puzzle or however you see it needs to be. THanks for the effort, sorry about trying to get it out of whack.

Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I thought I told you but not on your list, I need 2 prizes for the crossword contest. Sorry I did not realize it was not noted already. As far as the Freestyle goes it looks like you gave me 4 prizes, that is grand but I will take care of the 4th place myself(I put in the intro what I was doing, apparently that info never made it to you. Feel free to put the extra 4th place prize toward the Crossword puzzle or however you see it needs to be. THanks for the effort, sorry about trying to get it out of whack.

Even though you are taking care of it the fourth prize made the list. And the crossword has two prizes allocated--so all is well, so far.

Thanks for looking though---I could have made any number of mistakes today.

See ya all tomorrow--I'm going home for a nap.

mbroberg

Wood Identification Contest

Ed,

I just realized that the Wood Identification Contest is not included on your list. Additionally, I haven't heard from Jerry Sambrook in awhile. Last time we PMd (last Wednesday) he said he had the wood and gave me the dates he wanted posted on the Schedule of Events. I told him how to join the Bash Planners Group, but haven't heard from him since. Can you touch base with him?

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Mike

Rest easy. Jerry has the contest completely under control.

The weekly winners get the blanks----precedent from the last two years (skins and preceding wood ID contests)

mbroberg

Even though you are taking care of it the fourth prize made the list. And the crossword has two prizes allocated--so all is well, so far.

Thanks for looking though---I could have made any number of mistakes today.

See ya all tomorrow--I'm going home for a nap.

Ed,

Just for clarification, does this mean that the deburring tool and blanks that Landon is supplying for the 4th place finisher of the Freestyle Contest is represented as the $50.00 4th pllace prize on your list?

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Mike,
I have had dozens of versions of "my list". As it evolves, I erase and throw away copies. The most current one was sent to Andrew last night, but I don't think you have anything close to current.

I can email it to you, but Andrew proclaimed it "Greek" (very nicely), so I don't know if it is generally of much value.

I guess the best course of action would be for me to post all the prizes ASAP. Then, if anyone has heartburn, they can let me know---but once a contest has a GREAT prize, if another contest wants it, I see difficulties.

I THINK all the prizes for first places are fantastic this year.

You want me to email to you, before releasing?? Can do--just say so, please.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Mike,
I have had dozens of versions of "my list". As it evolves, I erase and throw away copies. The most current one was sent to Andrew last night, but I don't think you have anything close to current.

I can email it to you, but Andrew proclaimed it "Greek" (very nicely), so I don't know if it is generally of much value.

I guess the best course of action would be for me to post all the prizes ASAP. Then, if anyone has heartburn, they can let me know---but once a contest has a GREAT prize, if another contest wants it, I see difficulties.

I THINK all the prizes for first places are fantastic this year.

You want me to email to you, before releasing?? Can do--just say so, please.
Hey!! I resemble that remark. :eek::biggrin::biggrin::wink:

Thanks ED!!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Prizes will be posted to each thread, for the convenience of the chairmen. If you don't understand a prize, first look at Andrew's master list, posted as a sticky. If you are still at a loss, PM me, I will be happy to read the list to you (that's all the info I have, too!!)

Top Bottom