Certificate of authenticity

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Falcon1220

I have made and sold a number of pens now, but have not included a certificate of authenticity with any of my pens.
The simple reason, I have not yet designed one. :confused::confused:
Do you always include a certificate with all the pens you cell?
Can anyone point me in a direction on the forum or otherwise where I can find an example of a certificate used by pen turners.
I was commissioned to make three pens for a wedding. :biggrin: I would like to include a certificate of authenticity with the pens.

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I have made and sold a number of pens now, but have not included a certificate of authenticity with any of my pens.
The simple reason, I have not yet designed one. :confused::confused:
Do you always include a certificate with all the pens you cell?
Can anyone point me in a direction on the forum or otherwise where I can find an example of a certificate used by pen turners.
I was commissioned to make three pens for a wedding. :biggrin: I would like to include a certificate of authenticity with the pens.
And what is it you want to authenticate?

I supply my business card with the following info on the reverse: Style of pen, Material turned, Plating of the pen, Refill cartridge required, and Turned by, where I place my signature.

A Certificate of Authenticity is only as good as the person who supplied the certificate!

tim self

Authenticating that it's hand made? Obvious by looking at the pen. The blank maybe but never have I provided one for just the pen.

butchf18a

Ditto Mack. In addition to that basic info I will inclue an inventory number simply so I can reference my records should need arise. Card additionally states "This card signed by the craftsman using your pen".

Unless I'm making claim that the material is something special or historic such as 'timbers from old aircraft factory', I say nothing beyond what the material is that was used to make the pen.

Top Bottom