Central Texas Meeting - June 13, 2015

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

beck3906

Looks like I can host a meeting the weekend of June 13th. We can meet at my shop, starting around 9:30 and run until about 3-4 or so.

If everyone is okay with it, we'll grill burgers like we did our first meeting at my place. I would ask for a $5 donation to offset the cost of food and drinks.

I'll have at least three mini lathes available to use for demos or hands-on. We can decide on various topics as folks offer suggestions.

I can have a cactus juice stabilizing setup to use. I would allow up to 2 blanks per person to be stabilized. No colors.

What topics would you like to see us cover? We should have something for newbies to more experiment folks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Olsarge

Rick, Sounds good. Will ink it in on the calendar. Looking forward to any new topics. Would like to have maybe a demo or at least a talk on alumalite and PR casting. Something I tried and failed at.LOL. See you in June. Dennis

beck3906

Great suggestion for a topic. I haven't started casting yet so we'll need someone attending who,can help.

Anyone want to offer to take on the subject?

Olsarge

perhaps segmenting or even celtic knot blank making. Maybe a discussion on marketing and pricing. (taking from some of the comments on the IAP site.) A users look at different venders, both those on IAP and those that are not. Has anyone tried
steampunk blanks?? Sorry to be hogging all the suggestions, but no else seems to be making suggestions. Dennis

beck3906

No, please keep the suggestions coming. I'm working on some of these these for hands-on demos if possible. Everyone seemed to like doing something the last time we met.

beck3906

Meeting is coming up this next Saturday. Anyone attending who needs/wants directions can PM me to get directions.

Please let me know if you're attending so I can make arrangements for lunch.

Our discussions/demos will include segmenting, stabilizing, embellishing blanks (or correcting problems created during turning).

We can also have various discussions on marketing, vendors, etc.

Please bring anything you want to sell and we'll have spaces setup for you to display your sales items.

Also bring show-and-tell. We want to see your work.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Looks like no one else from the Houston area wants to go and I'd prefer not making the trip by myself, so it looks like I'll have to bow out until next time.

flyitfast

Rick, family plans keep me from heading your way on Sat. I am still looking forward to meeting you and the folks that make it to your place.
You have been a gracious host from everyone I've talked to, but your suggestion on the Austin Woodcraft has a lot of merit, mainly with its central location. No location is really central, I guess, but there are a lot of Penturners in the San Antonio area and South and East. Woodcraft is a great host here in San Antonio and I'm sure they would welcome us in their new store.
Let me know if I can help in future meetings.
Gordon

beck3906

Come on. There's another person coming from San Antonio. Look forward to having you.

Numbers may be small, but I'll paraphrase a biblical verse.

Where 2 or more gather the IAP will be there.

late to the party

Hello everyone,

New pen turner here, and I just joined the site. Sorry to see that I missed the meeting, but I hope to meet all of you in the near future. ok, I just wanted to say hello.

Gabriel Rivera

beck3906

Welcome. Anyone can come when we have a meeting. We'll post a message later this year about a meeting sometime January/February next year. I mentioned the possibility that we could explore going to the new Woodcraft in Austin. Some expressed feelings they don't want to go to Austin.

Stay tuned for more info.

Top Bottom