Central Texas Meeting - June 11th

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

beck3906

I am planning on hosting a get-together at my shop on June 11th. I know it's not convenient to everyone considered to be part of the central Texas area but I like to have something in this area for those who cannot travel far. Everyone is welcome.

Let's plan on starting around 9:00-9:30. I'll supply lunch (burgers like we've done before). You supply $5.00 for the food and drinks.

I've tried to do a hands-on session so everyone can participate and leave with something. Anyone have ideas on what we could do this time? An example we've done before is a segmented blank and a work-in-progress blank holder.

Please offer suggestions on demos and if you can assist with a demo.

Bring a blank for a blank exchange.

Bring your work to display.

Bring things you want to sell/trade/give-away.

More to come as we see who's attending.

Sataro

Missed the last one due to last minute problems arising. Definitely want to make this one!

flyitfast

How about a pen swap? Put your pen in a brown paper bag (I'll supply), hand out numbers and then pick your pen in bag based on numerical order.
Maybe add a blank or two also in the bag?
gordon

Last edited:

mrburls

How about a pen swap? Put your pen in a brown paper bag (I'll supply), hand out numbers and then pick your pen in bag based on numerical order.
Maybe add a blank or two also in the bag?
gordon

This sounds like fun. Are we still having get together on this date?
Keith "mrburls"

beck3906

June 11th is still good so get your calendars blocked out I just need to get the shop ready.

Pen swap can work. Let's keep the swap consistent and say pens are limited to one style, maybe a Sierra style

Blank swap to one round. You can add more. Maybe the remaining raffled off?

flyitfast

Sounds good Rick.
A Sierra style would be a good pen for the swap. Fairly easy to do and shows a fair amount of material.
Your blank swap plan works.
Gordon

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Considering coming up early so Jan can spend some some in Waco. Anyone in Waco going or anyone going through Waco on Saturday morning that I could catch a ride with?

beck3906

Date getting closer.

Shop being cleaned.

New batch of alumilite being delivered today. New molds from ptownsubbie enroute.

Bought some foil tape.

New pressure pot being assembled. New vac chamber ready for testing.

Wonder what we can do with these things? :biggrin:

ElMostro

Bump to see if there is more interest.

Working on Demo's but also looking for someone willing to help with a demo

Let me know where you need help. I have available and can bring 4 different types of pressure pots; we can study each and go over the pros and cons of each one. Let me know.

Eugene

beck3906

That sounds like the subject of an excellent demo. Especially done by a "Casting Master".

Okay folks, the day just got very interesting. Start signing up soon so I can begin planning for food and drinks.

beck3906

Oh oh, somebody is moving to the Dark side. Once you go there (casting) there is no turning back.

Not very interested in casting pen blanks other than clear for certain uses. Too many folks like yourself that can do this much more efficiently for me. Several folks casting that have different techniques and color patterns.

I do have a new product line I'll be experimenting with that will use alumilite to add color.

flyitfast

Still planning to make the journey up from San Antonio.
I can find I-35 (live about a mile from it), I can find Belton, now all I have to do is find your workshop. :confused:
You published directions a couple of years ago, but I haven't been able to find them.
Looking forward to joining in this time, hopefully with a couple of passengers in tow.
Thanks
Gordon

beck3906

Keith, hope you do bring some goodies to sell.

Eugene, Hope you bring some of your latest castings.

I'll post directions to the house this weekend.

flyitfast

Last edited:
Top Bottom