Center Finder for Pen Blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
Back in 2015 there was a thread that had a center finder for pen blanks here:

By accident, I found some Center Finders for Pen Blanks (below) on Amazon, and then found a few other offers too. I am posting this in case it helps some of you. If you are a tool collector like me, it helps satisfy the collection obsession for a day! šŸ˜

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

monophoto

Could be an opportunity for someone with a 3D printer - - -

Or potentially an inexpensive swag item for woodturning trade shows.

(Similar to drill bit sizing guides. You can buy metal ones at the hardware store, but most of us are perfectly happy with the freebie plastic swag versions that are sometimes giveaways at trade shows or by magazine subscription services.)

Last edited:

jttheclockman

I will stick with my rule. Has worked for years. I have a larger plastic one hanging on the wall but hardly ever use it. If you are going to spend that kind of money I suggest getting a larger one for larger stock.

KMCloonan

Could be an opportunity for someone with a 3D printer - - -

Or potentially an inexpensive swag item for woodturning trade shows.

(Similar to drill bit sizing guides. You can buy metal ones at the hardware store, but most of us are perfectly happy with the freebie plastic swag versions that are sometimes giveaways at trade shows or by magazine subscription services.)
At the Midwest Penturners Group meeting in late April they had a 3D printer printing blank center finders throughout the whole 2 day gathering. I picked up one for myself. The 3D printer was set up on a table contiguous to the Exotic Blanks Booth. Not sure if Exotic Blanks was sponsoring the printer, or if it was just a coincidence...

monophoto

I will stick with my rule. Has worked for years.
My preferred approach is to use a pencil to draw lines that are parallel to the four edges, using my finger to determine the spacing. The result is a small square that is close enough to the center of the blank that I can then eyeball the center within that square.

It ain't rocket science.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
At the Midwest Penturners Group meeting in late April they had a 3D printer printing blank center finders throughout the whole 2 day gathering. I picked up one for myself. The 3D printer was set up on a table contiguous to the Exotic Blanks Booth. Not sure if Exotic Blanks was sponsoring the printer, or if it was just a coincidence...
Alphageek (here on IAP) was helping Dawn in our booth--he has made those center finders for a couple years. Real name is Dean!

Top Bottom