Celtic Knot Wall St. II Pen and Pencil Set

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brian G

Brian G

A coworker was fascinated with a Celtic knot pen I made as a retirement gift for my former boss, and she asked if I could make a pen and pencil set for her daughter. So I did because my coworker is one of my favorite people. I settled for what I caculated to be at cost.

Knotset.jpg KnotPair.jpg

The pencil is in the foreground. The blank is redheart. The "rope" is a sandwich of white oak between two layers of dyed veneer. I was going for the sisal rope look. I made the knots different sizes in order to balance the proportions, which was a bit of a guessing game. If I had made the knots the same, I don't think they would have "looked right."

I actually made two sets and I'm glad that I did. Both blanks of the second set, from bloodwood, developed checks. Hoping a moisture meter shows up in my stocking this year. :wink:

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

Excellent Celtic Knots Brian.
Love your choice of Kits, Materials and Colours,
Great Fit and Finish,
Your Co-worker should be delighted.
Congratulations,
Brian

Brian G

Thank you. She sure does like it. I neglected to mention that the finish was 10 applications of Hut Crystal Coat over two days.

Brian G

Thank you for the comments. :) I'm thinking of fiddling with stretching the length of the knot, next time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom