Celtic Knot Question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Pen_man_ship

I have a commission to make a Celtic Knot (walnut) in Curly Maple background using a Cameron Chrome fountain pen. My question is would the knot look better on the body or the cap?
I've made Celtic Knots before using Funline hardware and placed the knot on the upper barrel but this is new territory.
Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenB259

Personally, I always put them on the cap end of a dual barrel pen. To my eye they just don't look right the other way around. Of course there is no wrong way.

Fine Engineer

I don't really have a preference, but here's a Celtic knot on the bottom half. In some ways I like that a little better as you can see the whole knot without obstruction from the clip.

Attachments

• 1223211532.jpg
    1223211532.jpg
    286.6 KB · Views: 57
  • 1223211533.jpg
    1223211533.jpg
    318.4 KB · Views: 68

Pen_man_ship

I don't really have a preference, but here's a Celtic knot on the bottom half. In some ways I like that a little better as you can see the whole knot without obstruction from the clip.
Jeff,
Thank you, that's the route I'm going to go. The clip is an issue but moreover I was thinking with the Cameron when one removes the top and sets it down you still see the knot while writing.

Top Bottom