Celtic Knot Christmas Ornament

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from D.Oliver

D.Oliver

Celtic Knot Ornament.jpg

This is an ornament I made. It has 3 celtic knots. The main knot on the globe is a 6 strand knot and the two knots on the finials are three strand knots. If you interested in how I made it, I have also made a youtube video. You might also really enjoy the video if you're into ridiculously bad camera angles. :biggrin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vGGi6Ge86A

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
You know Derek, I had no idea you actually made stuff.....!!! :)
I thought you were just our resident smart arse!! :)

I do like the accuracy of the crosses though!! :)

D.Oliver

You know Derek, I had no idea you actually made stuff.....!!! :)
I thought you were just our resident smart arse!! :)

I do like the accuracy of the crosses though!! :)

I'm generally better at acomplishing the second statement than I am the first statement!:biggrin:

walshjp17

Nicely done, Derek. The only comment I have is you need to work on the audio; I couldn't hear a word you were saying.:biggrin::rolleyes::biggrin:

D.Oliver

LOVED the horseradish bottle.

Very nice. Hope to see more of your ideas soon.

So we can go with one of two stories on that. Either A.) Terrible camera work or B.) I simply didn't want the world to see my super secret method for applying horseradish mustard.:biggrin:

D.Oliver

Nicely done, Derek. The only comment I have is you need to work on the audio; I couldn't hear a word you were saying.:biggrin::rolleyes::biggrin:

I promise if there is a next video, it will be better. To tell the truth it was harder making and editing the video than it was making the ornament.:redface:

Ed McDonnell

Nice job Derek. I kept watching to see if thumbnail clippings (or other stuff :eek:) was flying out in the bandsaw scenes. I didn't see anything and it looked like you still had your thumb tips while turning.....

I really expected to see your smiling face at the end of the video. I'm more than a little disappointed that you chose remain anonymous (although we did get a brief glimpse of your profile during the drilling scenes, but not enough that anybody could match it to a poster at the post office or anything :biggrin:).

Ed

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
That wore me out! And who's your sound man? I didn't hear a word you said :biggrin:

Awesome ornament and, thanks for the video Derek!

ironman123

Thanks Derek. I saw the video earlier. I was just BS ing. I forgot to put haha on the end. Sorry about that. It was interesting.

MarkD

So the secret to those knots is to use horseradish? No wonder I have been having problems. I have been using Mayonnaise!

D.Oliver

So the secret to those knots is to use horseradish? No wonder I have been having problems. I have been using Mayonnaise!

Peter Brown has always advocated ranch dressing, but I like my turnings to have a little more kick!:biggrin:

southernclay

My wife saw the CSUSA catalog yesterday that has ornaments on the cover......she says it would be nice for me to make ornaments for our whole tree:eek:

There's no way I'm letting her see this one.:biggrin: Nice job!

Top Bottom