Celtic knot blanks?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Hi All and happy new year! So I am endeavoring to turn my own chessmen using championship measurements and I was considering incorporating celtic knots. (I play in a fairly active chess community and this would be a great gift!) My specific question and also a general question is, is there any place that sells celtic knot blanks? I have had hit and miss success in making them and would first like to use trusted blanks that are less likely to explode on me than were I to make them. I will one day do it from scratch if it proves to be a great design idea but also in general I'm curious if anyone knows of places that do this?

Thanks for any insights!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Jon, I know of no one making blanks like that. They would have to be specific to your needs for sure and not sure what your design of the pieces would look like but would be a huge challenge.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Hi All and happy new year! So I am endeavoring to turn my own chessmen using championship measurements and I was considering incorporating celtic knots. (I play in a fairly active chess community and this would be a great gift!) My specific question and also a general question is, is there any place that sells celtic knot blanks? I have had hit and miss success in making them and would first like to use trusted blanks that are less likely to explode on me than were I to make them. I will one day do it from scratch if it proves to be a great design idea but also in general I'm curious if anyone knows of places that do this?

Thanks for any insights!

I suggest you reach out to Joe. https://www.exoticblanks.com/Joe-s-Wood-Artistry/. Also on IAP : Wood128 He has had many Celtic Blank designs previously for sale - usually small amounts, but may suffice for your needs. Just a consideration.

Jon, I know of no one making blanks like that. They would have to be specific to your needs for sure and not sure what your design of the pieces would look like but would be a huge challenge.
Thanks for weighing in, John. Challenge (possibly) accepted! I hope to be able to share any progress with IAP!

Last edited:
I suggest you reach out to Joe. https://www.exoticblanks.com/Joe-s-Wood-Artistry/. Also on IAP : Wood128 He has had many Celtic Blank designs previously for sale - usually small amounts, but may suffice for your needs. Just a consideration.
If there was a Super Like button, it would be used on this reply. I really appreciate your pointing me and the community to this site, Mark! I'm off to peruse the site you shared as an initial glance has got me pretty darn pumped! Regards.

Top Bottom