Celtic Heart Sstained Glass

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Charlie_W

Charlie_W

This is one of those long term projects.:biggrin: Which only took 5 years to complete!
Back in 2010, my wife asked me to make a stained glass panel for one of her coworkers (teacher) across the hall. Sure! No Problem! Bought a Celtic heart clear bevel cluster and some pretty torquiose/teal looking glass as it was this lady's favorite color and got started. I designed the panel, cut glass, foiled, soldered.......was about 3/4 of the way done on the front when it happened.......my daughter comes home from school with a pen she turned!........I got sidetracked big time!

This glass panel sat on my glass bench for 5 years covered up...finally after getting back into turning, joining two woodturning clubs, IAP, doing demos.......I got back to that panel. The recipient of the panel still works across the hall from my wife and is a very good friend to us both.
I finished the front, bent my zinc channel for the frame, flipped it over and finished it up. This panel is 16" diameter and is finished in natural solder with a zinc frame. She will receive it on Monday!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 236
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charlie_W

Update:
Wifey gave her friend Mary a pizza box this morning.( I only had to go to three pizza places to bet a box big enough!)
Mary didn't know what to expect. She opened the box, peeled back the bubble wrap and tissue paper to expose the glass panel....she couldn't speak! Wifey held it up so she could see not only the heart but the stained glass color.
Mary said she wanted to cry!..and just couldn't believe that someone gave(made) her a stained glass panel...designed with her in mind! She was blown away! That is what makes it all worthwhile!

Thanks so much all for the compliments and likes!

Top Bottom