Celtic Cross On a Slimline Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Yorkie UK

Yorkie UK

The Celtic Cross is made from 1mm plastic, the wood used to make this pen is Box Wood, Blood Wood, and African Blackwood as the center band. Finished using CA glue and polished with Meguiars Scratch X.

celtic_cross_on_a_slimline_pen.jpg

The Blood Wood used here was sent to me a few years ago by fellow member fafow ...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RMayoIII

Nice combination of woods. finish is perfect! How do you like the scratch X? I was thinking of picking some up since I'm not totally in love with what i'm using.

Yorkie UK

Thanks for the comments guys ... :wink:

Nice combination of woods. finish is perfect! How do you like the scratch X? I was thinking of picking some up since I'm not totally in love with what i'm using.

The Meguiars Scratch X is one of the best products i use, and i use it on all my CA finishes and also on Corian ..

jttheclockman

Looks like you threw everything including the kitchen sink at this one.:) Nice job on the knot. Looks thin what did you use to cut the inlay??? Nice job keeping centered and drilling for all the spaces look uniform. Job well done. Thanks for showing and the photo is good also. Nice and clear to be able to see the great work.

Yorkie UK

Thank You for your comments guys, i really appreciate them.

John, the inlay is 1mm plastic, the bandsaw blade i used allowed me to use this as it was a very good fit ...

Thanks

BSea

Very nice. And great idea not using the stock centerband. I think it would take away from the pen. Well to be honest, I think the slimline centerband takes away from all pens.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom