Celtic Chevron Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Alan Morrison

Alan Morrison

Having admired Mark James intricate skills I thought that I would try a pen with chevrons.
IMG_0286.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Alan, this is a beautiful design and job of segmenting. I am always flattered when others take inspiration from my efforts, but especially pleased when they are successful for their own renditions. I fully appreciate the process of building on others inspiration, to take designs to a higher level. I have done that, and enjoy when I have made a contribution to this process - BRAVO!

OK, the alignment of the points is excellent. I like the variety of timbers, it is obvious they are a home brew (Early on I was accused of buying my inlays instead of making them myself...). The choice of the kit and plating is very appealing. Critique/suggestions... None from me ;).

I also really like the choice of the side veneers, the match very nicely.

I do believe you have mastered building a Chevron Blank, and also how to get the end points matched to prevent any taper in the middle sections. And the end caps are very well matched.

This is a pen I would have been proud to build. đź‘Ť

Alan Morrison

Alan, this is a beautiful design and job of segmenting. I am always flattered when others take inspiration from my efforts, but especially pleased when they are successful for their own renditions. I fully appreciate the process of building on others inspiration, to take designs to a higher level. I have done that, and enjoy when I have made a contribution to this process - BRAVO!
Mark, thak you so much for your encouragement. I would not have attempted this pen without all the photographs that you posted over the years.
Alan

Top Bottom