Cedar---Bulk Wood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Gary Max

Gary Max

I just got these built for our show this weekend. The wood is Cedar and from the pile of Bulk Blanks I am selling. Just hard to beat Cedar.

Attachments

• IMG_1686.jpg
    IMG_1686.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 327
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jmhoff10500

Does your Cedar fade at all over time? I had a friend that came over to make a pen and insisted on using a piece or aromatic cedar. He was sorry when about 3 month later it turned into kind of brown swirly sludgy color...

Gary Max

Yup that's what happens to the color. The only way around it is no sunlight.
I have a few Cedar pens that I sell---heck I wait till the change color before I display them.

Chasper

It seems like there are cedar boxes and signs in every souvenir shop from Arkansas to Georgia and they are always nice and red. About 10-12 years ago my kids bought me a cuss bank at Lookout Mountain (put a quarter in everytime you say #@*&!) it wasn't nearly big enough, but it was a very red cedar and it is still red. What are they doing to the cedar to keep it from darkening?

Good looking keychains BTW. Try filling them with some toothpicks and point out that they come full of brand new, never used toothpicks, that always starts a good conversation. I also tell them that they can use it for more than toothpicks, you can put a $100 bill inside. . .but it doesn't come with one. But for $110 more I will put a $100 bill inside, hey, I gotta make a little margin.

Good luck at the show.

Top Bottom