Catch up

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jkirkb94

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkirkb94

I have been busy with an invalid father for the past few months so I finally got around to making some pens. Also I scanned some that I am behind on doing. This is one that I made for my father while he was able to enjoy it. Buckeye burl with turquoise inlays.

200535145559_buckeye-turquoise%20rollerball.jpg

20053514575_bow%20rollerball.jpg

Another one for Dad. One of my early BOW's

200535145855_tulipwood%20perfume%20pen.jpg

My first attempt at a perfume pen. Tulipwood. Real popular wood with the ladies.

20053515027_green-black-white%20acrylic%20european.jpg

European style acrylic with green/black and white colors. This is the pen that has convinced me to paint the tubes on some of my acrylics. Can't see so well in the pix but the brass tube show through on the ends. Thanks for looking.:) Kirk [8D]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Very nice work and a great reason to turn. FYI, I had the exact same problem with my first acrylic. It's a disappointment, but we both learned something from the experience.

Tom McMillan

Pretty pens Kirk!!!! Glad you've been getting some time in the shop. I took care of my Mother for a number of years, so I have great respect for you for taking care of your Father.

jkirkb94

I have had that acrylic for a while, Bev. Not sure if I got it at CS or locally. Tom, I recently moved my father from an assisted living center to a local nursing home. Having him checked on more frequently has made life easier. Sad to see such a nice father/man go downhill![:(] He still has humor and the staff loves him![:)] Kirk[8D]

Fleabit

Sorry to hear about your father. I had a grandfather go through alziemers. Sucks! The pens are beautiful. You did a great job on the fit and turns.

btboone

Hi Kirk,
I like the turquoise. It adds a nice touch. Is that done with ground up powder and some kind of resin? Where do you get that? I have a customer asking if I can do a ring with a wavy turquoise inlay.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Originally posted by btboone
<br />Where do you get that? I have a customer asking if I can do a ring with a wavy turquoise inlay.
I get my crushed stone, including turquoise, from Arizona Silhouette, Bruce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom