Casting problem, sort of

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Painfullyslow

A little back story:
So I have significant nerve damage in my wrists and hands which gives me pain and random tremors. In my left hand I have no sensation at all in my fingertips so I cant always tell when I am holding on to something.

Fast forward to today, I am trying to make some blue/white blanks with alumilite, dye, and mica powder. The white mica is very iridescent; it looks like ultra shiny glitter.

In the middle of rushing to beat the open time of the resin, I grab the white mica in my left hand and promptly misjudge my grip on it. The entire open container hits the countertop and then tumbles to the floor.

It looks like a stripper exploded all over my work area 😁

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Joebobber

Im the same way. Side effect from Cisplatin chemo. That's why my wife does all that stuff. Luckily she enjoys it! You will never get it all cleaned up either. 😆

JohnU

Mine is just a side effect from being clumsy.😬… And the main reason I decided to paint my shop floor. It makes cleanup a lot easier on the cement. I just wish I didn't know that.

Painfullyslow

Sadly I was so upset I went right to cleaning with a vengeance and didn't think to take any pictures.

As for how I know what an exploding stripper looks like...you will just have to wonder :cool:

I will definitely be finding bits of this mica powder for the next decade...

aldjmc

My wife and I joke about glitter being the Herpes of the craft world because you can't really ever get rid of it. It was a banned substance in our house as our girls were growing up! I'm learning that Mica powders aren't much different…

Top Bottom