Casting Pressure Recommendations

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

aldjmc

I've got a newly converted pressure pot ready to go and some Alumilite Clear and Clear Slow on the way. Does the amount of pressure really make that much of a difference in the final product? The Alumilite instructions say a minimum of 35 lbs of pressure but I've seen videos of people using 40, 50 and 60 pounds. My tank clearly states do not exceed 80 pounds so I'm not going to go anywhere close to that. Is 60 better than 50? 50 better than 40? Am I over-thinking this?

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PatrickR

More is better. Run it close to the max, say 60 +/-. For liability reasons the max on your pot is a safe number and likely it would withstand much more.

JohnU

I'm like Don, I run mine at 50 lbs. I use PR and Alumilite clear with no problems and Depending on the product im making, I've successfully cast 200 -400 tubed blanks in a week with no issues. As long as you get the resin in the tank before it begins to set up you'll be fine.

Stubach

I use both of those resins in my castings and run 55 PSI. Always gone with 55, never cent need to try lower.

Top Bottom